• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

STAR WARS: ROGUE SQUADRON directed by Patty Jenkins (2023)

49 posts in this topic

On 3/8/2023 at 11:20 AM, awakeintheashes said:

I don’t think KK is or was behind the creation of the High Republic era…

Her comfort zone is rehashing and spoon feeding OT storylines and characters to people who only like the OT. That’s the era I grew up with, but the prequels now occupy a lot of the imagination of the mid to young millennials who have money to spend now. I have a feeling she won’t be around much longer. 

The HR was created and is driven by the publishing arm of Lucasfilm. Not sure who will take the reins if the Acolyte is a success. 

The story group that came up with the High Republic was put together by KK, and she has final approval for anything Lucasfilm.  The Acolyte is a High Republic story, and is reportedly the show she is most involved with, and she hand picked the writer producer for that show. She has been somewhat sidelined in favor of Favreau, who has a lot of power with all the other shows. So by extension this corner of Star Wars has her fingerprints all over it.

On 3/8/2023 at 11:37 AM, drotto said:

The story group that came up with the High Republic was put together by KK, and she has final approval for anything Lucasfilm.  The Acolyte is a High Republic story, and is reportedly the show she is most involved with, and she hand picked the writer producer for that show. She has been somewhat sidelined in favor of Favreau, who has a lot of power with all the other shows. So by extension this corner of Star Wars has her fingerprints all over it.

Got it. Well, we’ll see I guess. I’m intrigued by this era as it’s when the Sith really started re-emerge and lay plans, but they need to stick the landing as everything is now compared to Andor, and rightfully so. If they don’t, it’ll likely live on in only in the comics and books. 

Patty Jenkins‘ “Star Wars” movie “Rogue Squadron” might not be dead after all. The project, centered on fighter pilots in the “Star Wars” universe, was first announced at the end of 2020 and was put on the calendar for a December 2023 theatrical release. By September 2022, however, Disney had pulled the title from its release schedule. Variety reported last May that “Rogue Squadron” was no longer in active development at Lucasfilm.

In a new interview on the “Talking Pictures” podcast, Jenkins announced that she is now once again in development on the script for “Rogue Squadron” following the dissolution of her planned “Wonder Woman 3” at Warner Bros. and DC Studios. Variety has reached out to Lucasfilm for comment.

“When I left ‘Star Wars’ to do ‘Wonder Woman 3,’ and I started working on that, we talked about, ‘Well, maybe I’ll come back to “Star Wars” after “Wonder Woman 3,”‘ so we started a deal for that to happen,” Jenkins said. “When ‘Wonder Woman 3’ then went away, Lucasfilm and I were like ‘Oh, we’ve got to finish this deal.’ We finished the deal right as the strike was beginning, so I now owe a draft of ‘Star Wars.’ So we will see what happens there. Who knows.”

“They have a hard job in front of them of, ‘What’s the first movie they’re going to do?'” Jenkins added about Lucasfilm. “They have other directors who have been working, but I am now back on doing ‘Rogue Squadron.’ We’ll see what happens. We need to get it to where we’re both super happy with it.”

“Rogue Squadron” is still not yet confirmed to be officially happening, but Jenkins is working on a script for it. She said she would be “absolutely” happy to make it, adding: “The emotion of ‘Star Wars’ and what it stands for is something so beautiful in this world…If i can do something beautiful and do something that serves that audience, I would love to do it.”

On 3/14/2024 at 8:48 PM, D84 said:

She's writing the script? :facepalm::censored:

Are the other two contributors to the WW84 script included? One of which was the co-CEO of DC Studios, so he had a heavier hand in what took place.

Screenshot_20240315-0443442.png.c471ce005affcdf788310fbecfed6403.png

Just checking.

On 3/15/2024 at 3:46 AM, Bosco685 said:

Are the other two contributors to the WW84 script included? One of which was the co-CEO of DC Studios, so he had a heavier hand in what took place.

Screenshot_20240315-0443442.png.c471ce005affcdf788310fbecfed6403.png

Just checking.

None of them should be allowed to write a screenplay again.

On 3/15/2024 at 6:12 AM, D84 said:

None of them should be allowed to write a screenplay again.

Just a reminder there were three involved, and one was the big boss that also disrupted the Justice League shooting working with Joss Whedon to make it MCU Avengers-like.