• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question about which Variant to choose...

9 posts in this topic

So, I was able to snag a copy of The Last Ronin #1 2nd Print 1:75 "Thank You' Exclusive (the foil and colors are amazing and I say better than most of the other Variants by any other artists), and I also have a copy of the 1:10 Eastman cover and I am wanting to submit for a couple of the Legends John Hancock's, but I have NO IDEA which Variant to pick for either of these copies lol. I see a Retailer Incentive A & B, but no idea if those are correct. No option for 2nd Prints either. Please help! lol Is it as simple as just choosing one of them, any of them, and then sending them in in hopes you guys don't get frustrated sorting them out and making sure they get the correct labels? :) Thanks in advance for any information!

*Update: Just moments after, I believe I have finally learned that the "Retailer Incentive A" is in fact the Eastman 1:10 Cover. But still need help with the 1:75 Thank You Variant!

-Chicago Joe

Edited by Chicago Joe

• Administrator

Good morning,

Thanks for your message.  Our graders would need to see the book before they can determine which variant it is.  If you are unsure, I would just note what you think it is and our graders will double check everything and list the correct variant on the label.  Thanks!

On 12/12/2020 at 3:15 PM, Chicago Joe said:

So, I was able to snag a copy of The Last Ronin #1 2nd Print 1:75 "Thank You' Exclusive (the foil and colors are amazing and I say better than most of the other Variants by any other artists), and I also have a copy of the 1:10 Eastman cover and I am wanting to submit for a couple of the Legends John Hancock's, but I have NO IDEA which Variant to pick for either of these copies lol. I see a Retailer Incentive A & B, but no idea if those are correct. No option for 2nd Prints either. Please help! lol Is it as simple as just choosing one of them, any of them, and then sending them in in hopes you guys don't get frustrated sorting them out and making sure they get the correct labels? :) Thanks in advance for any information!

*Update: Just moments after, I believe I have finally learned that the "Retailer Incentive A" is in fact the Eastman 1:10 Cover. But still need help with the 1:75 Thank You Variant!

-Chicago Joe

Hey Chicago Joe Im sending in some Last Ronins as well for Eastman signature. How are you packaging it as far as bag and board? 

4 hours ago, yos_fares said:

Hey Chicago Joe Im sending in some Last Ronins as well for Eastman signature. How are you packaging it as far as bag and board? 

Hey Yos, the best way to board and bag your Ronin's are using a Golden Age bag, and cutting 3/4" off a magazine board. The fit like a perfectly shaped glove. A tad long, but the bag is long enough to still be able to tape them shut! Let me know what you think!!

Edited by Chicago Joe

7 hours ago, Jennifer F. said:

Good morning,

Thanks for your message.  Our graders would need to see the book before they can determine which variant it is.  If you are unsure, I would just note what you think it is and our graders will double check everything and list the correct variant on the label.  Thanks!

Hey Jennifer, thanks for the response!

Just to be clear, because I plan on submitting pretty soon, I should choose the closest variant I think it matches on the submission form page online, then leave a note in with the comics saying I was unsure exactly which to pick? But no matter what, the graders and others will know the proper labels? Sorry to ask so many questions, I like to be specific when sending in submissions.

Thanks again!

• Administrator

Yes, our graders check the book for the proper variant so even if happen to list the wrong one on your order form, we will adjust it and put the correct one on the label. 

If you have any other questions, please let us know.  Thanks!

4 hours ago, Jennifer F. said:

Yes, our graders check the book for the proper variant so even if happen to list the wrong one on your order form, we will adjust it and put the correct one on the label. 

If you have any other questions, please let us know.  Thanks!

Thank you again!

That is correct Rob. If I'm not mistaken, I believe they press the comic first. As those have always been the first charges to appear after my submissions. (It's a little odd that they have books pressed before a signing, because during the signing it gets picked up, written on, moved around, etc. lol) And then they give it to CGC for the signings. After they are done signing it, they send it off to be graded and slabbed. Hope this helps!

*I may be wrong they press first, I've actually never asked anyone before. But as I mentioned, it has always been the first charged payment for their services.