• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Please delete
1 1

5 posts in this topic

25 minutes ago, Daveb25 said:

I won an item at comic connect last night and after checking out and mailing the check I received an email this morning saying:

Thank you for participating in the auction last night. I'm told there was an error in the auction lot. The programmer is looking into it now. 

Your wining price is $XXXXX but the auction processed the bid at a lower amount. Please do not send payment until we sort this out and send out an updated invoice. Thank you.

Rob Reynolds
Director of Consignments

The new price is very close to the max bid I entered. With comic connects 3 minute closing system how do I know there had been another bid and it was for just below my maximum bid. Since it went through the closing procedure at the lower bid and it’s supposedly an error in there system should I really have to pay the higher amount?  Please let me know what you guys think. 

Seems SUS ESPECIALLY because it it is comic connect.!!  Yeah VINCE I SAID IT!!

I would not pay. I think that there are a lot of shenanigans in these online auctions (starting with auction houses leaving books that sold for strong prices in their databases but scrubbing all records of weak sales, etc.). I don't know whether any of these sites are hack-proof, either.