• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Time it takes to receive package and put in system?

13 posts in this topic

I'm getting worried about my shipment. I sent it off 12/11 with USPS. The thing is it seems as they forgot to scan it or something but it hasn't even been scanned for acceptance. It still shows Pre-Shipment and its been about 5 business days. I had another package that was just in the same situation but got scanned when it was put out for delivery (Tracking). I hoping for the same case but if it isn't I'm trying to get a time for when I should start taking action. I don't think USPS would forget to scan all the way up the delivery but this is to a PO box so I'm not sure how that works. So let me know how long it has taken you guys to have the cards delivered and then added to the system. Thanks!

12 hours ago, robertlele said:

I'm getting worried about my shipment. I sent it off 12/11 with USPS. The thing is it seems as they forgot to scan it or something but it hasn't even been scanned for acceptance. It still shows Pre-Shipment and its been about 5 business days. I had another package that was just in the same situation but got scanned when it was put out for delivery (Tracking). I hoping for the same case but if it isn't I'm trying to get a time for when I should start taking action. I don't think USPS would forget to scan all the way up the delivery but this is to a PO box so I'm not sure how that works. So let me know how long it has taken you guys to have the cards delivered and then added to the system. Thanks!

Oh boy here is where you are mistaken.  USPS can and will forget to scan packages especially right now haha. 

I live near the Indianapolis regional facility and this place specifically is inundated with so many covid cases and volume increases I have had migraines for the past two weeks. Have had late shipments marked on my eBay purely due to no scans happening even when I know the packages have already been delivered. In some cases it took 3-4 days from my local post office pickup to finally get some sort of origin scan at the regional facility. Things seem to be a bit better this week but I would not worry too much unless you have not seen any scan whatsoever for more than a week I would say.  USPS is good about claims as well.  I finally ended up starting a retrieval claim for one package I sent out and magically 2 days later it showed a delivery scan.  So that may help as well. 

Best of luck I know USPS is a pain right now but it should turn up eventually. 

EDIT:
For my recent submissions cause the whole Indianapolis area delays thing was really noticed when I sent in my first submissions, I had to wait for the first one from Monday the 30th and was not delivered until the 10th. CGC though once they have gotten my shipments have them received within a day each time which is great!  All the delays in shipment have been USPS related and not ingest related from what I can see at CGC.

Edited by LordSherman

13 hours ago, robertlele said:

Do a request ONLINE at USPS.om about your tracking.  They are really good about answering your tracking questions.  I actually got a call from USPS in 5 minutes from a worker in CT about a package that was taking too long with very few tracking updates last week.   

1 hour ago, LordSherman said:

Oh boy here is where you are mistaken.  USPS can and will forget to scan packages especially right now haha. 

I live near the Indianapolis regional facility and this place specifically is inundated with so many covid cases and volume increases I have had migraines for the past two weeks. Have had late shipments marked on my eBay purely due to no scans happening even when I know the packages have already been delivered. In some cases it took 3-4 days from my local post office pickup to finally get some sort of origin scan at the regional facility. Things seem to be a bit better this week but I would not worry too much unless you have not seen any scan whatsoever for more than a week I would say.  USPS is good about claims as well.  I finally ended up starting a retrieval claim for one package I sent out and magically 2 days later it showed a delivery scan.  So that may help as well. 

Best of luck I know USPS is a pain right now but it should turn up eventually. 

EDIT:
For my recent submissions cause the whole Indianapolis area delays thing was really noticed when I sent in my first submissions, I had to wait for the first one from Monday the 30th and was not delivered until the 10th. CGC though once they have gotten my shipments have them received within a day each time which is great!  All the delays in shipment have been USPS related and not ingest related from what I can see at CGC.

Thanks for the response. Yeah these times have been causing some problems but I ship a lot of packages and most of them have been getting scanned and put in transit. Do you think the package is already in transit or still sitting at my local PO? Also where did you make the claim? I tried but I think I used the wrong one because it was for lost packages and they said they couldn’t anything since it hasn’t been “accepted”

7 hours ago, robertlele said:

Thanks for the response. Yeah these times have been causing some problems but I ship a lot of packages and most of them have been getting scanned and put in transit. Do you think the package is already in transit or still sitting at my local PO? Also where did you make the claim? I tried but I think I used the wrong one because it was for lost packages and they said they couldn’t anything since it hasn’t been “accepted”

I believe this is the exact page I started on and you can click where is my package to get started: https://usps.force.com/emailus/s/

I got a call a few days after it was delivered and the person from that local area was under the impression though that I was supposed to receive the package and she acted like she almost did not know it was already delivered until I told her. Not sure if my filling of that form really did anything but its worth a shot. A case should be created and you should get a confirmation email and someone should reach out about it. 

5 hours ago, LordSherman said:

I believe this is the exact page I started on and you can click where is my package to get started: https://usps.force.com/emailus/s/

I got a call a few days after it was delivered and the person from that local area was under the impression though that I was supposed to receive the package and she acted like she almost did not know it was already delivered until I told her. Not sure if my filling of that form really did anything but its worth a shot. A case should be created and you should get a confirmation email and someone should reach out about it. 

Thanks, I have done this but because of my package not being accepted yet they said they couldn’t do anything. I’m going to contact them again and see. Also how long did it take for your package to be delivered?

10 hours ago, robertlele said:

Thanks, I have done this but because of my package not being accepted yet they said they couldn’t do anything. I’m going to contact them again and see. Also how long did it take for your package to be delivered?

For this item that i made the case for I created the label on the 29th, was picked up by usps on the 30th, and then I created the case on the 9th.  2 days later it got a processing scan at the destinations regional facility then delivered the next day.  Then they called me like 2 days later acting like they had no idea what was going on so not even sure the case really did anything.  

3 hours ago, LordSherman said:

For this item that i made the case for I created the label on the 29th, was picked up by usps on the 30th, and then I created the case on the 9th.  2 days later it got a processing scan at the destinations regional facility then delivered the next day.  Then they called me like 2 days later acting like they had no idea what was going on so not even sure the case really did anything.  

Oh I see so yours was actually scanned by USPS. Mine hasn't even been scanned for acceptance, just shows the pre shipment.

3 hours ago, robertlele said:

Oh I see so yours was actually scanned by USPS. Mine hasn't even been scanned for acceptance, just shows the pre shipment.

It had no scans and was in preshipment for 12 days.  Once it finally scanned near its destination it was then delivered the next day. I see no reason you would not be able to fill that form out.

1 hour ago, LordSherman said:

It had no scans and was in preshipment for 12 days.  Once it finally scanned near its destination it was then delivered the next day. I see no reason you would not be able to fill that form out.

Was it like this? I have and I keep getting this email: here . Also was this package to CGC?

Edited by robertlele

18 minutes ago, Kiramouse said:

I go to the post office and ask for a receipt. This ensures the item is scanned in. And is proof I dropped it off. 

Had a package lost forever just putting it into a blue bin 

Yep learned my lesson been doing that now and keeping all the receipts. Was your package able to be recovered and how long did that take?

14 hours ago, robertlele said:

Was it like this? I have and I keep getting this email: here . Also was this package to CGC?

Yeah exactly like that.  They might not be working on cases now due to known delays. Which I guess makes some sense as more often than not it is just delayed and not being scanned properly rather than lost in transit.