• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Thor 186
2 2

10 posts in this topic

Another nice, 15 cent Thor!

Comics were mean to be read.  This book has been read and enjoyed.  Evident spine ticks on the front cover, front cover corners are rounded but not too bad.  On the back cover there might be some staining, foxing or perhaps just dirt.  The bottom left corner of the back cover, is that a crease or a stain?  Hard to tell. 

I would say 5.0 (very good / fine) to maybe a 4.5 (very good +). 

the worlds of 4.5- 5.5 is really murky and on any given day, it can be fairly evaluated at one of those three grades. Once you go higher, the demands tighten and by the time you hit 7.0, you have a seriously well preserved comic.  Above 8.0, it really is getting damn perfect with just some niggling details holding it back. Grading is tough. Below 4.5, it's a crapshoot and value monetarily isn't often that great a payoff. Given the costs of pressing, cleaning and slabbing, it's not often worth it either.  When I was initially getting opinions on my AF 15, I saw as low as a 3.5. It graded out at a 5.0 after cleaning , pressing and slabbing, all which cost more when the powers that be think you have something valuable. Given the time it was sold, and the grade given, that was a substantial difference between the 3.5 and the 5.0. It's just not the case with Thor of which I have a complete run but it has little value if you want to cash in. It has to be better than 8.5 to help. Mine aren't. I just love Thor. (It's Hela Actually, she's hot) .

Grade a thousand middle grade marvels. It's unsettling. Bob Storms taught me a lot. 

My opinion of course.