• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

To grade or not to grade.....Secret Wars

12 posts in this topic

Wrong sub-forum.  Plus, if you want our estimates and opinions, you need to show pics of each book in a separate thread.  There's a max of 3 listings per day under the forum 'Hey buddy, can you spare a grade?'.  That's the best place to get people's opinions on all those books.  Best of luck!!!

10 minutes ago, Galen130 said:

Wrong sub-forum.  Plus, if you want our estimates and opinions, you need to show pics of each book in a separate thread.  There's a max of 3 listings per day under the forum 'Hey buddy, can you spare a grade?'.  That's the best place to get people's opinions on all those books.  Best of luck!!!

I DINT ASK YOU TO GRADE THEM ...

1 hour ago, Bob Troub said:

The grade is literally the most important part of the decision making process.

If you already know what your grades will be, just go on eBay and look at sold prices for raw vs slabbed and do some cost benefit analysis of your own based on your own business experience, financial situation make sure you factor in all relevant costs of grading and selling.  Everyone has different profit margin goals and risk aversion preferences, so after all the math you should have a pretty good idea if it’s right for you. Assuming of course, they grade out the way you expect.

When I had a local dealer come out to the house to look at my Son's books he was selling the dealer after looking at our Secret Wars run (including #8) told me he usually gets $150.00 for the entire run (Raw).

Are they worth grading?, I do not have books graded so what is the cost of grading 11 books (without the big key) vs. FMV on those books?

I would suggest you look at eBay sold auction listings for Raw vs. Slabbed, including full runs.

On 12/19/2020 at 6:43 PM, revat said:

The grade is literally the most important part of the decision making process.

If you already know what your grades will be, just go on eBay and look at sold prices for raw vs slabbed and do some cost benefit analysis of your own based on your own business experience, financial situation make sure you factor in all relevant costs of grading and selling.  Everyone has different profit margin goals and risk aversion preferences, so after all the math you should have a pretty good idea if it’s right for you. Assuming of course, they grade out the way you expect.

agreed.....

On 12/21/2020 at 4:20 PM, Spawnfreak said:
On 12/19/2020 at 4:44 PM, Bob Troub said:

After that, you don't want to know my thoughts.:tonofbricks:

HE DINT ASK FOR YOUR OPINION ...