• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ghost Rider flick alive & kick'in

34 posts in this topic

Yep, and I wonder which comic book movie will be the straw that broke the camel's back, and basically topple the house of cards?

I'm betting sometime after X2, we'll see some real stinkers like DD, and that'll be the end of the road. After all, Hollywood is infamous for riding a fad into the ground, then abruptly changing gears and not ever producing another.

I'm betting sometime after X2, we'll see some real stinkers like DD, and that'll be the end of the road. After all, Hollywood is infamous for riding a fad into the ground, then abruptly changing gears and not ever producing another.

We can only hope that this happens as quickly as you predict. At least, I am.

Chris

No matter when it happens, it will take place. Speculators should remember that The Wood rides a winner until it bombs, and then drops it entirely.

If Hulk bombs at the BO and X2 doesn't break any records, I could see quite a few comic-based movies being shelved. If not, we'll have to wait for Iron Fist, Ghost Rider and Battle Chasers for the ride to truly end. tongue.gif

After the 400 million that Spider-man made, added to the 157 million that the first X movie made, what did you expect ?! - Look how many copycats that first Star Wars spawned.....Pulp Fiction .....Porky's......Blair Witch Project....anything that is successful those vultures are going to run into the ground....till the next thing comes along and it starts all over again....

Do you see any positive possibilities in this - or anything else for that matter? Bla- blah - blah. Are you constipated or something? You in my estimation are as foul and your opinions are as distorted as those you rail against. Maybe you could be taken more seriously if your opinions were a little less one track. You are far too predictable. Who would have ever guessed that mr.know it all would have something negative to say about another hero movie and the industry itself? Try some prozac please.

Anyone with an iota of sense understands that Hollywood is based on trends, following popular ones, and then riding them into the ground. If you think superhero movies will ride a wave of popularity for 5-10 years in a row, then it would be an absolute first.

They'll bleed the Marvel funhouse dry, then let it blow in the wind.

Wow - an unexpectedly upbeat reply! I was absolutely wrong about you being predictable. the only thing predictable about you- is your unpredictability. Bet you hear that all the time though. I would like to go to sleep tonight with the vision of the marvel funhouse or whatever you said being bled dry in my mind. I know the avatar for you now! That guy from Full Metal Jacket - Pyle but someone else already uses it. i can just imagine your next post. " We are in a world of s@#t."

Joe _Collector = Mr. Negative

If I was Hollywood, I would make movies based on comic books as long as they were making money. If musicals were popular, I'd make them too. Westerns? Sure. However, as far as comic based movies go:

when Superman movies become unpopular, I'd make Batman movies until they stopped making money. Then, after that, I'd make an X-Men movie, till they became unpopular. After that, I'll start making some Spiderman movies, till nobody wants to see them. I could on to making a movie about Superman and Batman and call it something like World's Finest if no-one wants to see anymore Superman or Batman movies by themselves. We can on with a few Justice League of America movies. Those will not only have Batman and Superman in it, but a buncha other guys we never made movies about yet. Then there's Daredevil, Surfer, Green Lantern, Green Arrow, Ghost Rider and Wonder Woman. Might even try a (Better I Hope) Supergirl movie, but I don't know about that one. I have not even mentioned Archie yet. Does he count?

And, after we've made a movie about every Super Hero out there, we can start over again. The technology is there, now - for the 1st time. It's only beginning. grin.gif

>>If I was Hollywood, I would make movies based on comic books as long as they were making money.

Well duh! That's exactly what I said, but you don't seem to comprehend that the Wood doesn't contiue to pour money into a genre that's losing money and if Ghost Rider loses cash, they don't just stop making Ghost Rider movies, it will affect the entire spectrum, just as the success of Spider-man got the comic book license race in high gear.

That blade cuts both ways.

I really don't mean to be negative, but when I see Battle Chasers get a big licensing deal, you just know the end is near.

Although I'm not very negative in respect to comic movies, I have to agree with CI on this one. The thought of a Ghost Rider movie makes me cringe, and if a character like his gets a movie, then this whole thing might definetly be heading down the drain. Why don't they make a "Morbius" movie while they're at it. We all know hollywood has yet to tackle Vampires. crazy.gif

That's my concern as well, as they're dredging the bottom of the barrel when Battle Chasers is seen a viable, high-profile license just because it's a comic book.

But that's how the Hollywood machine works, but it only takes one turkey to shift the rush for licenses into a stampede away from them.