• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The New Stimulus Package !!!
4 4

157 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, Comical Situations said:
On 12/29/2020 at 6:22 PM, Buzzetta said:

You were never hit by an old woman with a wooden spoon or a chancla were you? 

Chancla...man that made me :roflmao:. My wife is hispanic and for years I've heard stories about she and her sisters getting chancla-whipped.

lol I remember kindergarten ha, me and this girl named Becky kept getting into trouble and hit with a wooden spoon. I'm all for discipline, but even at 5 years old to watch a female be disciplined even when I didn't think she did anything wrong (I'm 4 or 5) was difficult to watch hear, dang night mare city ha!

41 minutes ago, Comical Situations said:

Chancla...man that made me :roflmao:. My wife is hispanic and for years I've heard stories about she and her sisters getting chancla-whipped.

25 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

lol I remember kindergarten ha, me and this girl named Becky kept getting into trouble and hit with a wooden spoon. I'm all for discipline, but even at 5 years old to watch a female be disciplined even when I didn't think she did anything wrong (I'm 4 or 5) was difficult to watch hear, dang night mare city ha!

We're doing this? Ok, we're doing this... lol 

So, let me preface this by saying that I love my mom.  We are umm... 3rd Generation Brooklyn Italian Americans... we still got the spoon.

Now, before we go into wild stories of child abuse you have to understand that my brother and I were perpetual ball busters.  Straight A's... well behaved... but when we got into trouble... it was go big or go home... and since we were usually home... we had no other choice but to go big. 

Some kids got into fights with their siblings... my brother and I got into a full on water fight, inviting friends to come over to take sides.  It got to a point where we had the bright idea to drag the hose from outside into the den and attack people at full blast.  The basement dehumidifier was a free bucket of water and once that was thrown, spackle buckets were filled with water as people ran through the house attacking each other with water.   Mom came home in the middle of this that one kid ran out of the house in terror and I did not see or hear from him for almost 25 years until he popped up on facebook.  I was in 8th grade. 

Then there were parties were there was a live band in the house... then there was the time we watched a kung fu movie and decided we could also throw knives so we went into the garage throwing screwdrivers we learned out to get them stuck in the wall... there are more things but that is for another time... 

So... we got the spoon... 

I remember the last time we got the spoon.  I must have been in 8th or 9th grade so my brother was in 5th or 6th.  I forget what he did but I remember thinking, "He done did it now" or whatever the equivalent was back then.  Mom went for the spoon... and the spoon cracked against my brother's leg.  My brother... or my fool of a brother laughed. He laughed and picked it up, snapped it in half, threw it at my mom, and laughed.  That's when I realized it was time to go and I did not see the need to finish watching this show.

Next thing I know my mom is chasing my brother around the house with a wooden meat tenderizer. 

Good times. lol 

The last time I ever got slapped upside the head was when I was 21 and it was a three stooges move.  Years earlier my brother and I got into a fight while my mom was at work.  As anyone knows, no matter how hostile a fight you are having with a siblings, all hostilities break off and an immediate truce is declared upon breaking something.  Suddenly you go from lunging at each other's throats to, "Mom's gonna kill us."  So... during this fight my brother came rushing at me to tackle me.  As he charges, I stepped aside and gave him a push.  This kid's head went into the wall like this was a Bugs Bunny cartoon.   He pulls his head out and we both look at the hole in the wall.  We jumped on our bikes and went to the hardware store and the comic book store.  I bought some extra comic book boards and wallpaper glue.  We found the stash of wallpaper and covered up the hole.  It was right over the side of his bed so she never noticed... We did a good job and he always kept his pillows there. 

Until years later when he was packing up to go off to college.  We were loading things up when my mom finally noticed it.  She yelled at my brother and yelled for my dad.   She asked when did this happen and we told her that it happened years ago.  My brother... my foolish brother... he says, "You can't yell at us for that now... it happened years ago."  Me... my foolish self... I am standing right next to him and I say, "Yeah, that happened years ago, you can't yell at us now."  With that she slapped my brother upside his head and his head went right into mine three stooges style.

We had to pay to have the wall fixed. lol 

Good times. 

Edited by Buzzetta

When I was 10 my brother was giving me my daily beating to amuse his friends and I looked down and saw a broken bottle neck-I slipped it on my finger and waited for the next volley-slashed his upper arm with 2 deep slices and ran home.
Wolverine city.
Another time he was punching my head while i sat in car with door open.  I had a stubby screwdriver in my fist jutting out thru fingers.  He saw that and said oh mother******* and busted his dr pepper bottle on my knee-it hit just perfectly so the bottle shattered but not my kneecap.  I chased after him to plunge the screwdriver in his skull 5 times but I couldnt catch him.

3 minutes ago, kav said:

When I was 10 my brother was giving me my daily beating to amuse his friends and I looked down and saw a broken bottle neck-I slipped it on my finger and waited for the next volley-slashed his upper arm with 2 deep slices and ran home.
Wolverine city.
Another time he was punching my head while i sat in car with door open.  I had a stubby screwdriver in my fist jutting out thru fingers.  He saw that and said oh mother******* and busted his dr pepper bottle on my knee-it hit just perfectly so the bottle shattered but not my kneecap.  I chased after him to plunge the screwdriver in his skull 5 times but I couldnt catch him.

That's what she said. 

25 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

We're doing this? Ok, we're doing this... lol 

So, let me preface this by saying that I love my mom.  We are umm... 3rd Generation Brooklyn Italian Americans... we still got the spoon.

Now, before we go into wild stories of child abuse you have to understand that my brother and I were perpetual ball busters.  Straight A's... well behaved... but when we got into trouble... it was go big or go home... and since we were usually home... we had no other choice but to go big. 

Some kids got into fights with their siblings... my brother and I got into a full on water fight, inviting friends to come over to take sides.  It got to a point where we had the bright idea to drag the hose from outside into the den and attack people at full blast.  The basement dehumidifier was a free bucket of water and once that was thrown, spackle buckets were filled with water as people ran through the house attacking each other with water.   Mom came home in the middle of this that one kid ran out of the house in terror and I did not see or hear from him for almost 25 years until he popped up on facebook.  I was in 8th grade. 

Then there were parties were there was a live band in the house... then there was the time we watched a kung fu movie and decided we could also throw knives so we went into the garage throwing screwdrivers we learned out to get them stuck in the wall... there are more things but that is for another time... 

So... we got the spoon... 

I remember the last time we got the spoon.  I must have been in 8th or 9th grade so my brother was in 5th or 6th.  I forget what he did but I remember thinking, "He done did it now" or whatever the equivalent was back then.  Mom went for the spoon... and the spoon cracked against my brother's leg.  My brother... or my fool of a brother laughed. He laughed and picked it up, snapped it in half, threw it at my mom, and laughed.  That's when I realized it was time to go and I did not see the need to finish watching this show.

Next thing I know my mom is chasing my brother around the house with a wooden meat tenderizer. 

Good times. lol 

The last time I ever got slapped upside the head was when I was 21 and it was a three stooges move.  Years earlier my brother and I got into a fight while my mom was at work.  As anyone knows, no matter how hostile a fight you are having with a siblings, all hostilities break off and an immediate truce is declared upon breaking something.  Suddenly you go from lunging at each other's throats to, "Mom's gonna kill us."  So... during this fight my brother came rushing at me to tackle me.  As he charges, I stepped aside and gave him a push.  This kid's head went into the wall like this was a Bugs Bunny cartoon.   He pulls his head out and we both look at the hole in the wall.  We jumped on our bikes and went to the hardware store and the comic book store.  I bought some extra comic book boards and wallpaper glue.  We found the stash of wallpaper and covered up the hole.  It was right over the side of his bed so she never noticed... We did a good job and he always kept his pillows there. 

Until years later when he was packing up to go off to college.  We were loading things up when my mom finally noticed it.  She yelled at my brother and yelled for my dad.   She asked when did this happen and we told her that it happened years ago.  My brother... my foolish brother... he says, "You can't yell at us for that now... it happened years ago."  Me... my foolish self... I am standing right next to him and I say, "Yeah, that happened years ago, you can't yell at us now."  With that she slapped my brother upside his head and his head went right into mine three stooges style.

We had to pay to have the wall fixed. lol 

Good times. 

Gotta love it lol My siblings were all out of the house by the time I was of beating age. The mental factor for me was about as bad as the whipping though...my father used a belt with buckle and it hurt like a mofo...BUT before the beatings I had to hold my hand out in between the belt while it was snapped and the mental anguish was almost as bad as the welts lol. My second grade teacher is firmly imprinted on my psyche as well. Her name was Mrs. Clark and she had a slotted paddle she christened "The Clark Bark." Pretty sure I still have marks from that thing. :roflmao:

2 minutes ago, greggy said:

That's what she said. 

my mom said some stuff for sure when my brother came home with 2 gaping wounds.  my position was well stop him from beating me and my siblings on a daily basis then

2 minutes ago, Comical Situations said:

Gotta love it lol My siblings were all out of the house by the time I was of beating age. The mental factor for me was about as bad as the whipping though...my father used a belt with buckle and it hurt like a mofo...BUT before the beatings I had to hold my hand out in between the belt while it was snapped and the mental anguish was almost as bad as the welts lol. My second grade teacher is firmly imprinted on my psyche as well. Her name was Mrs. Clark and she had a slotted paddle she christened "The Clark Bark." Pretty sure I still have marks from that thing. :roflmao:

yes .... it was definitely a trama, I remember if I held by arm back to keep from it touching my rear, that they'd say move it or it will be worse. What's even worse is if I didn't hold my hand it's like they would do it so long just to see if I'd put my hand back there...... It's amazing that I'm not a very angy person

1 minute ago, kav said:

my mom said some stuff for sure when my brother came home with 2 gaping wounds.  my position was well stop him from beating me and my siblings on a daily basis then

yes, crippling to not be able to help yourself, even when you really want to, worse when you ask for help and they say no........, those are lessons I guess

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

yes, crippling to not be able to help yourself, even when you really want to, worse when you ask for help and they say no........, those are lessons I guess

motive for me learning marial arts.

1 minute ago, kav said:

motive for me learning marial arts.

That's a thing, putting it to constructive use........ sometimes when the discipline isn't explained, there is a hard time to redirect towards usefulness, especially when you care. But I can say there is one who has never left me nor forsaken me. And I've been a less than constructive person who deserved worse at times. We all have. It's human Nature

5 minutes ago, Comical Situations said:

in all I turned out okay though so it's all good! 

image.png

yep were all there right with you, if we only all could go to the place where we had family and friends and put some peace

16 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

yep were all there right with you, if we only all could go to the place where we had family and friends and put some peace

Truly I jest man...Joking aside, I've no problem with how I was raised. It made me the man I am today...and I like that dude (thumbsu

1 hour ago, Comical Situations said:

Truly I jest man...Joking aside, I've no problem with how I was raised. It made me the man I am today...and I like that dude (thumbsu

Yes amen I like you too, that dude is sweet and funny, lol I knew you were playful, don't let my memories bug out I mean to be simple :)