• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can't we all just get along? — or, boot some of these idiots off the boards!

124 posts in this topic

This board started out as a great original art forum, but, in nearly every single post, it's become an insult-laden nightmare. I don't even enjoy reading a lot of the posts here these days, simply because I get tired on one person saying they own a piece of art, only to find out that they don't, then, 30 people chime in to say that person is an insufficiently_thoughtful_person.

Hey, just ignore the guy! Don't respond to his comments and don't egg him on.

Does this list have a moderator? If so, I'd suggest booting the offender off the boards. He seems to have no other purpose than to goad people into arguments that take up space and aggravate serious original art collectors like myself.

Mike Browning

Insurrection ? A coup ?

Why dont you just relaxxx,...I have NEVER EVER even spoken with you ? ? ?

So I think YOU are being rude asking for my 'over-throw' ?

And I am hopeful my people will see it the same way.

KK

PS - It takes audacity to say,.."Cant we all just get along",..and then offend me ? Thats pretty rude.

Insurrection ? A coup ?

KK

PS - It takes audacity to say,.."Cant we all just get along",..and then offend me ? Thats pretty rude.

sign-lamepost.gif

Insurrection ? A coup ?

KK

I didnt seem him mention your name

Insurrection ? A coup ?

KK

Wow, I didn't even have to say his name because he automatically knew who I was talking about...

Here's my only reply to Kat:

I come to these boards to read comments from serious original art collectors, not to read a lengthy thread about your couch or about you owning some cover that everyone knows you don't own. It gets tiresome trying to find something interesting to read.

If it's all going to be just a bunch of insults and arguments and posts with art in them that you don't own, then you need to be booted from the boards.

I really thought I'd gotten away from the comicart-l bickering that goes on there. But, this is worse than that list could ever dream of being because there doesn't seem to be any moderation.

You, Krazy Kat, need to be moderated right off these boards for the sake of anyone who wants to read a serious original art comment.

And that's all I'll say about you and your comments.

Mike Browning

Your King is no insufficiently_thoughtful_person. Open discussin of revolution is intolerable.

with all due respect you are no king.

Your demands we speak only english on a forum that spans the world smacks of intolerance.

No insult intended but you are startung to remind me of luxxcorp.

Insurrection ? A coup ?

KK

Wow, I didn't even have to say his name because he automatically knew who I was talking about...

Here's my only reply to Kat:

I come to these boards to read comments from serious original art collectors, not to read a lengthy thread about your couch or about you owning some cover that everyone knows you don't own. It gets tiresome trying to find something interesting to read.

If it's all going to be just a bunch of insults and arguments and posts with art in them that you don't own, then you need to be booted from the boards.

I really thought I'd gotten away from the comicart-l bickering that goes on there. But, this is worse than that list could ever dream of being because there doesn't seem to be any moderation.

You, Krazy Kat, need to be moderated right off these boards for the sake of anyone who wants to read a serious original art comment.

And that's all I'll say about you and your comments.

Mike Browning

It's easy to get along with ol' KK isn't it? Now you know what the rest of us deal with.

This board started out as a great original art forum, but, in nearly every single post, it's become an insult-laden nightmare. I don't even enjoy reading a lot of the posts here these days, simply because I get tired on one person saying they own a piece of art, only to find out that they don't, then, 30 people chime in to say that person is an insufficiently_thoughtful_person.

Hey, just ignore the guy! Don't respond to his comments and don't egg him on.

Does this list have a moderator? If so, I'd suggest booting the offender off the boards. He seems to have no other purpose than to goad people into arguments that take up space and aggravate serious original art collectors like myself.

Mike Browning

I agree. The insults are just going too far. Too many, and the emoticons such as the "lame post" definately are not helping.

I left these forums and went to SHH because of this problem, I never hear insults at SHH, never.

i agree. there is far too much bs. on this board. now while i enjoy and off topic subject once in a blue moon. this board is about original art. not what faith do you follow. or where you are from.

and all these flame wars are so stupid. why do people even worry about what certain people have or have not in there collection. what.s is the point. ?

i think it a shame. when. i log on and 2 / 3 of the post are bs or flaming someone.

all the while having nothing to do with original art. maybe if we all talk a lil more about art and less of our personal problem. more people may even join this board and bring it to another level. instead of the special education board it has become

if you don,t have anything positive to say that makes sence. then just stfu..

this board is serious in need of shaping up. and if your not willing to bring something positive to the board. them get the f off. there are super talented people on the board. that i hope will share some insite on collection art or stories of artist. they may want to share.

so i hope to see a improvement to this board. or i fear all will be loss. so let stay focused on the subject at hand of comic art. and leave all the silly bs. at home.

larry

It's not just the original art forum, every forum I visit has this (on this site). You post a modern comic that you have in your collection for example, maybe sentimental value, or you love the art. You'll get like 10 replies to that post saying it's worthless, along with insults - it's rediculous.

I don't want to sort through the useless and the useful, I don't want to spend my time reading put downs, that's why I barely post here anymore.

dj. well you should stand up and post more often. there are still a few sane folks left on this board. in time i hope we can put the insane ones back into there padded cells. or better yet duct tape there mouths. and bring a little more law and order to this board. all hope is not lost. stick around.

larry ;]

dj. well you should stand up and post more often. there are still a few sane folks left on this board. in time i hope we can put the insane ones back into there padded cells. or better yet duct tape there mouths. and bring a little more law and order to this board. all hope is not lost. stick around.

larry ;]

Stand up? It will just fuel the ignorant ones even more. Why should I spend so much time trying to make this place better when their is no evidence of moderators - or at least working ones. Anyways, I'll continue to post where I see nothing, but the moment I see an insult I'll leave that thread, or won't respond - even if it is my own thread. Their's enough hate in the world, you'd think by talking about something you like, as well as everyone else on the board does you wouldn't see much hate at all, as you share the same interests. Weird. Very.

well. your right about the no mods around. this place is more like boot hill in the wild west.

but i think if you post things that are positive. the looneys tend to stay away from positive subjects. and will only ingage you if you stoop to there imature level. most are all bark and no bite anyway. just don,t repond and they will know you not willing to play there little game.

and it also helps to know what your taking about. and not hearsay type of stuff. that kinda talk will get ya burned at the stake here. some of these guys feed on nonsence . so i want to stay because you got some good people here on this board and iam not worried about the loony.s

if i see a few posts on here worth reading then it worth it for me. to stay. we don,t live in a perfect world. so i don,t expect this board to be perfect ethier. we do what we can .

larry ;]