• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can't we all just get along? — or, boot some of these idiots off the boards!

124 posts in this topic

I worked for a former weekly and I lost only around $125. I was the part time designer, but the full time designer lost $2500. She sued him and got back almost all of it. He wanted me to leave my current Senior Ad Design position for HIS publication. Thank goodness I was only a part time adviser/designer.

Hi guys,

I visited the forums today like I usually do and I saw my PM alert mail flashing. I click on it and I have 4 or so new e-mails..all from people wanting to donate to me. I didn't know what these were about, so I just clicked on the first received (heartened). My heart sank (havn't had this feeling many times before..) when I saw he wanted to make a donation, as well as all the others..It was a big surprise, I was not expecting this at all. It would be great to be helped out, but I don't know. I really appreciate what some of you guys are trying to do, but if you are in any financial trouble - please, do not send me anything. To those who asked, my paypal e-mail is sb_anime@hotmail.com but please don't give if it will dent you in any way. I really appreciate it and if their is anything you guys need, hopefully I can help you out. If you're looking for a small design of something, or some sort, feel free to ask.

I really appreciate it, I was looking forward to going to the paradise comics toronto comic-con next year, and with your donations, if I put my birthday money and Christmas money in too I should have enough to go.

I'm a religious guy so I've been praying a lot, before and after the money was taken. Just shows you..God can work in mysterious ways smile.gif

Hey everyone. I got ripped off too witha DareDevil # 1,..the guy said NM-/...it turned out to be a FN+,...Im down a little more than a couple thousand..AND HE WONT TAKE IT BACK. To those who asked, my paypal e-mail is krazykat@hotmail.com but please don't give if it will dent you in any way. I really appreciate it and if their is anything you guys need, hopefully I can help you out. If you're looking for a small something, or some sort, feel free to ask.

I really appreciate it, I was looking forward to going to the paradise comics toronto comic-con next year, and with your donations, if I put my birthday money and Christmas money in too I should have enough to go.

I'm a religious guy so I've been praying a lot, before and after the money was taken. Just shows you..God can work in mysterious ways

KK

PS - djsupes ; ),..slick.

djsupes,

I just sent a little something. Not much, but hopefully it helps a bit. I know what it's like to get behind the 8 ball, and especially when you're young, it can feel really overwhelming. Hope this all works out!

Best,

J

Hey everyone. I got ripped off too witha DareDevil # 1,..the guy said NM-/...it turned out to be a FN+,...Im down a little more than a couple thousand..AND HE WONT TAKE IT BACK.

You were obviously asking for it, buying a COMIC BOOK. We all know they're just mass produced trash. You should have spent that money on original art.

wink.gif

Hey everyone. I got ripped off too witha DareDevil # 1,..the guy said NM-/...it turned out to be a FN+,...Im down a little more than a couple thousand..AND HE WONT TAKE IT BACK.

You were obviously asking for it, buying a COMIC BOOK. We all know they're just mass produced trash. You should have spent that money on original art.

wink.gif

27_laughing.gif

frown.gif

Never use Paypal for big ticket stuff.

But I guess you know that now... sorry.gif

Yeh..this happened to me before to (but they claimed they didn't receive it [virtual goods]), but luckily that was only $42.

Anyways, now when I sell layouts I'm sending a hard copy on disk WITH a tracking number - costs $10 or so but it could save you a lot. This SHOULD be safe, hopefully 27_laughing.gif

Yeh..this happened to me before to (but they claimed they didn't receive it [virtual goods]), but luckily that was only $42.

Anyways, now when I sell layouts I'm sending a hard copy on disk WITH a tracking number - costs $10 or so but it could save you a lot. This SHOULD be safe, hopefully 27_laughing.gif

foreheadslap.gif So it happened to you before, and you continued to take payment via Paypal, and now that you`ve been taken big time, you`re going to continue taking payment via Paypal, but now you`re going to solve the problem by sending some physical item?

Just how badly do you need to be burned before you finally learn to stop playing with fire? Read and heed the advice that`s been given you in this thread.

Hi DJ,

Just stop using Paypal. Insist on payment in a check or other physical form. No credit cards. You're the seller, so you can call the shots on the terms of payment. It's not worth this type of hassle, especially when you're dealing with virtual goods and significant amounts of cash.

All the best,

Hi DJ,

Just stop using Paypal. Insist on payment in a check or other physical form. No credit cards. You're the seller, so you can call the shots on the terms of payment. It's not worth this type of hassle, especially when you're dealing with virtual goods and significant amounts of cash.

All the best,

The thing is I sometimes deal with other teenagers (anime fansites) and they want everything INSTANT, so Paypal is the only way they want to go.

Before, the way it happened was the guy said he payed for a layout but did not receive it. So, to avoid that happening again, I put that 'mini contract' thing in the comments saying "I swore I have received it..", etc. Now what I will do when Paypal is the only way to pay is send them a physical object which can be tracked. THEN, and only then is seller protection eligible. I don't know what else they could do to get the money back.. :S

What happens if you don't pay? It didn't take directly from my credit card, but it's taking from money I receive. For example, say I'm at -500 US, if I receive 100 US my account will be at -400 US. I wanted to just leave it and set up a new Paypal account but my mom says I have to pay back every penny because it's under her name. But what WOULD happen if I didn't pay?? Does anyone know?

And how do I find this guys phone number? From Paypal I got this information:

Samuel Ysassi

13125 CountrySide Circle

Corpus Christi, TX 78410

United States

And from other sites I found out he's 17 years old and was born in October something. Reunion.com is the only place that has his number, but I can't access it because I need to pay 40 US I believe. I want to call him. If anyones a member of Reunion.com it would be great if you could help me out. PM would be appreciated.

Besides that, does anyone know how or where to get his phone number? I've checked so many sites, and found many Ysassi's in Corpus Christi, TX - but none with a matching address (CountrySide Circle)..

Don't know what Paypal's policies are about having negative dollars in your account, but in theory they could bill her, and if she still didn't pay, refer her to a collection agency adversely affecting her credit.

Has she put in the time with Paypal trying to get this straightened out? Perhaps they'd be more likely to take her seriously and do something for her, since it's her account.

Other suggestions:

-Try all the search functions of various websites that let you look up a person's phone number based on either their name or home address.

-Try calling information in Corpus Cristi and asking for that address. (Since he's 17 his parents will probably be listed, not him.)

-If you do manage to get his phone number, speak to his parents. They may have no idea what their kid is up to.

-If you do not get his phone number, try sending a letter to his parents.

I've already tried MANY different sites. Also, if I were to call Corpus Christi Information, if I gave them the address could they give me a number, or do I need the fathers name (won't be able to get)? Also, I'll have my mom call Paypal (but I sincerely doubt they will care).

And letter, good idea. May take a while as I live in Canada but still a good idea. Hopefully his parents care!

Thanks,

Kyle