• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can't we all just get along? — or, boot some of these idiots off the boards!

124 posts in this topic

Well, I was actually going to buy Superman 219 page 1 or 11 artwork from eBay, which ended up selling in the low 200s.. But, unfortunately, I was just conned out $1000 on Paypal because I made some layouts for some guy, received the money, used it, and then he files a FALSE claim.. Paypal has so many holes frown.gif

Anyways, hopefully, after I pay off this money, I can pick up some stuff smile.gif

Oh, but I may be getting a nice commission piece from a fan artist Jeremy Sorrel, I like him as much as Jim Lee...some of his work is posted in the SHH Fan Art forums, it's phenominal. Anyways, it's only $50 US and all proceeds go to Hurricane Katrina. I give 10% of my money to church/donation fund..places, so it would be cool to have something that helped out smile.gif

Well, I was actually going to buy Superman 219 page 1 or 11 artwork from eBay, which ended up selling in the low 200s.. But, unfortunately, I was just conned out $1000 on Paypal because I made some layouts for some guy, received the money, used it, and then he files a FALSE claim.. Paypal has so many holes frown.gif

Anyways, hopefully, after I pay off this money, I can pick up some stuff smile.gif

Oh, but I may be getting a nice commission piece from a fan artist Jeremy Sorrel, I like him as much as Jim Lee...some of his work is posted in the SHH Fan Art forums, it's phenominal. Anyways, it's only $50 US and all proceeds go to Hurricane Katrina. I give 10% of my money to church/donation fund..places, so it would be cool to have something that helped out smile.gif

You give 10 percent to charity. Wow, I never did that when I was fifteen.

Superman 219 page 1/ 11,..who was the artist ? You like Marvel ?

kk. it was a much better then. before the internet. the only way to buy comic art. was from very few and select dealers.

and comic book shows. and posting ads in the comic.s buyers guied. no sniping or stuff like that and no very few if hardly ever auctions. and lot of long distant phone calls to other dealers to see what new art they had.

it was fun. cheap. and made lot of friends along the way. it was very good times then.

larry ;]

oh. yeah i remember sending $ 3.00 for one and never got it. but i met both of the brothers at a show in philly. and got a discount from a page i bought. after i asked them if and when was i going to get my catalog. . larry ;]

ps. which to this day i never got it. 893naughty-thumb.gif

oh. yeah i remember sending $ 3.00 for one and never got it. but i met both of the brothers at a show in philly. and got a discount from a page i bought. after i asked them if and when was i going to get my catalog. . larry ;]

That is too funny. Yes, nobody got em'

The famed Donelly brothers' as they would eventually become.

spidy. i hear ya. at shows when dealing with the brothers grimm. one always had to ask the other if this was a good price and if you could get a better deal.

that turned off a lot of collectors with there attitude. but i guess if you caught them at the right time of the month they were not so bad to deal with. i done a few trades with them in the past.

i have no ideal how they are now. except on comic art l everybody hates them.

i guess they have gone sour with age. 27_laughing.gif

larry ;]

Me? I'm 15 so it's safe to say moderns! DC only, though wink.gif

Batman and Superman (not the combined series) are my favorite comics :o

Hello. hi.gif

How come your name is that funny color?

Blue = User

Red = Moderator or Arch

Green = CGC(or coin/card) official but not a mod

Yellow = Special guy like the Gemstone publisher

What is brown/black for? confused.gif