• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can't we all just get along? — or, boot some of these idiots off the boards!

124 posts in this topic

My mom just called paypal and her and the Paypal rep. were on the phone for 20, 25 minutes or so.. My mom's major argument was if their was a 3rd party (hacker) involved, why would only one of the two people (not including hacker) be victims. Why does my son have all the weight on him, has to pay all 1000 (canadian) and the other one doesn't have to pay anything. If anything, they should each pay half.

The rep said virtual goods..etc, etc and that they could've called the credit card company and got it reversed immediately. Also, they did admit many times they don't even investigate, but claim they are. They said it was under investigation and I knew the guy was lying, so I thought I might win this so I didnt close down my account. Well, turns out they didn't investigate. They also won't take the e-mail I have from him saying he doesn't know what's going on and he didn't file it, because they said that could've been doctorined by me. agh, this sucks

Hi everyone, I checked my e-mail this morning and received this e-mail and three others tottaling up to the $810 US from Paypal:

----

Dear Laura Kargov,

We have conducted a review of a payment that you received. In this case,

returning the funds to the sender was determined to be the appropriate action,

and we have completed a reversal of the payment. Good selling practices, like

trackable shipping, prompt shipment, and communication between buyer and seller

help prevent disputes.

The funds from the following transaction have been debited from your account:

Transaction Date: Aug. 24, 2005 17:37:53 CDT

Transaction Amount: $200.00 USD

Buyer's Email: ssmrage9963@yahoo.com

If you have questions regarding this reversed transaction, please contact us

using the link below:

https://www.paypal.com/row/wf/f=ap_hist

We appreciate your patience during this investigation.

Sincerely,

PayPal Account Review Department

etc.etc

----

I wonder if this means the guy just received the money back, and he wasn't lying before saying that he didn't have it..or, it's just 4 very delayed e-mails. Hmmm..