• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spider-man Has a new costume Next Year Do you like it ?
5 5

203 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/b8/Supesred...

Yup.  I'd considered mentioning this example, and hopefully the terrible new Spider costume will have just as short a lifespan.

Edited by Ken Aldred

It’s certainly not a look that makes you think you would pick it up off the shelf when you saw it, nothing original about it. But as many have pointed out it’s whether the story itself is any good to give it reason. 

I used to read ASM religiously but only ever dipped in and out since it got into the Brand New Day phase. I’m still waiting for the next story to make me want to read it again.

2 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

That's a classic Silver Age comic story.

it really is-it wasn't just cranking out another book that month-they were trying to do something special-they had swan draw everything except the faces-they had schaffenberger do those.  This was an answer to who does superman prefer lois or lana.

2 minutes ago, kav said:

it really is-it wasn't just cranking out another book that month-they were trying to do something special-they had swan draw everything except the faces-they had schaffenberger do those.  This was an answer to who does superman prefer lois or lana.

I thought it was all by Curt Swan.  Learned something.  Far superior to the 90s Red / Blue storyline, and quite positive in tone for a SA imaginary tale. 

2 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

I thought it was all by Curt Swan.  Learned something.  Far superior to the 90s Red / Blue storyline, and quite positive in tone for a SA imaginary tale. 

they did have swan draw the panels where superman puts on the multiple kryptonite headband but I cant find it online.

8 hours ago, FoggyNelson said:

That new costume is the furthest thing from new

it is just like every other costume now; why are Marvel messing with Spidys costume again ?

There's something a bit generic about the plain, blue / white colour scheme. 

2 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

I have questions.  They are normal questions, I promise. 

that'll be a first

2 minutes ago, kav said:

that'll be a first

Agreed... 

now.. for the first two... 

1 - It kind of makes sense covering Batman's entire face as recent decades have shown the bat suit to be 'utilitarian' in design.  A partially covered face may not be as intimidating as an entirely covered face.   However, what was the motivation in partially exposing Spider-man's lower jaw? (I am assuming the ears are covered)

2 - Batman's wings.  Obviously you knew what you were going for in the cape / wing design.   What's the story behind that?   Do they serve the same purpose as the modern cape?  Do they expand?  Do they offer flight?  Protection? 

Just now, Buzzetta said:

Agreed... 

now.. for the first two... 

1 - It kind of makes sense covering Batman's entire face as recent decades have shown the bat suit to be 'utilitarian' in design.  A partially covered face may not be as intimidating as an entirely covered face.   However, what was the motivation in partially exposing Spider-man's lower jaw? (I am assuming the ears are covered)

2 - Batman's wings.  Obviously you knew what you were going for in the cape / wing design.   What's the story behind that?   Do they serve the same purpose as the modern cape?  Do they expand?  Do they offer flight?  Protection? 

Ok I opened up spidey's face because it has never been done before.  marvel wants a change i give ema real change.
Batman's wings are actuated by sensors and have razor sharp edges for combating foes behind him.  He also has a sonic pistol that emits a bat screech that can be set from ear peircing to drilling holes in steel.