• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A little Carousel of Comics
1 1

122 posts in this topic

Hannes Bok I portfolio 1975 (200/750 8 8.5" x 11" b&w plates; outer folder fn/vf with crnr blunting/crses; plates vf- with ul & bl crnr crses & slight blunting br crnr on all plates$15.00 SOLD

Hannes Bok II portfolio 1975 (ltd to 1250 copies; 1 colour & 8 b&w 8.5" x 11" plates; outer folder in nm- & all plates as new$20.00 SOLD

OR take Both for $25.00

Click on the thumbnails for sample images below, 3 plates from I and then 3 plates from II in that order. If anyone would like more images please don't hesitate to PM. 

Bok1and2Portfolios-fc-Boards.jpg

Bok-Prtflio-1b.jpgBok-Prtflio-1c.jpgBok-Prtflio-1d.jpgBok-Prtflio-2b.jpgBok-Prtflio-2c.jpgBok-Prtflio-2d.jpg

Edited by crassus

Did Rogbert pass out? Day drinking start a little too early in the afternoon? hm

Tune in tomorrow, for answers to these questions...., and more!!!  :D

Just now, dza510 said:

@crassus thank you! Not that anyone cares, but as a newbie to the boards and someone always fascinated with aviation history, I was very saddened to learn that I missed out on these signings a few years ago, and then again when I reached out to Rich who had none left available for purchase (was a long shot anyway, obviously). Never thought I'd come across one of these again.:ohnoez: (worship)

:tink: 

I care. History is fascinating. I was able to look in an Antonov 225 years ago. The idea they can get get 330 tons to fly is just incredible. When I looked in there were perhaps 6 Russian soldiers on the catwalks in the cargo bay... all of them with with rifles. Very cool. Congrats on the neat book.

7 hours ago, ECDC said:

I care. History is fascinating. I was able to look in an Antonov 225 years ago. The idea they can get get 330 tons to fly is just incredible. When I looked in there were perhaps 6 Russian soldiers on the catwalks in the cargo bay... all of them with with rifles. Very cool. Congrats on the neat book.

@ECDCHoly... just googled what that was. I've spotted a C-5 once while driving near my local AFB and that was a giant in the sky. Can't imagine seeing an AN 225 up close. Very cool!

7 hours ago, ECDC said:
21 hours ago, dza510 said:

@crassus thank you! Not that anyone cares, but as a newbie to the boards and someone always fascinated with aviation history, I was very saddened to learn that I missed out on these signings a few years ago, and then again when I reached out to Rich who had none left available for purchase (was a long shot anyway, obviously). Never thought I'd come across one of these again.:ohnoez: (worship)

:tink: 

Expand  

@dza510 My pleasure, it was in my keeper pile until I miscalculated on holiday spending, I think there will be a few more sacrifices coming to balance the books, mainly I'm a Marvel FF and Hulk collector, now Romance books also,  and these are becoming so pricey that SS, which I like, has become a luxury I cannot really afford. That said from time to time I also collect specialty items relating to history, oddly enough at one end of the spectrum Ancient Egypt themed covers and at the other Cold War and anything related to atomics and the arms race.

I teach history for a living so I very much appreciate the value of these kind of books. I think the comic or graphic novel medium has shown its potential to give a new generation a taste of the importance of history and it has become an accepted vehicle for people to record and recount their experiences for posterity. 

@ECDC to add I've found that the history of the technology itself can be a way to get younger people interested in History, my son for example developed that fascination with big machines etc, trucks, trains and airplanes, and so we started going to train and aviation museums, and from there as he grows up he becomes more curious about the circumstances of the trains and planes, the specific era, design, and in the case of the war planes what the fight was about exactly, and from that point you have some traction to show why these things are important. We have an excellent train museum near Montreal and my son's favourite aviation museum is in Trenton, Ontario, adjacent to the main Canadian Forces base, and in its main area there is a restored Halifax bomber, and outside in the field it displays all kinds of decommissioned aircraft, from helicopters to WW2 fighter planes. Normally we visit both once a year, except of course this year but I'm hopeful for this summer....

Happy New Year to you all, the sun is shining here and I'm full of optimism! How long that's going to last I don't know but I'll run with it while its here....and if not I still have a fridge full of beer! I should have more to post shortly...

Miscellaneous Moderns Lot of 16 (grades range 9.0-9.4 some better, incl Nowhere Men 1-10, #1 is a first print but one of the others is a 2nd, so if you care please ask and I'll check, the WD is a #109 in any event these are cheap, and bonus colour stickers on the bags!$12.00

NowhereMen-Lot-fc-Boards.jpg

MiscLot-fc-Boards.jpg

Edited by crassus

Bram Stoker's Dracula 1-4 (Sealed with cards complete and unopened, hard to grade through bags but don't see anything notable so 9.4ish maybe better, I started off as a Hellboy fan but I have to say I think Mignola's work here is among his finest ever- note what appears to be a crease btm spine on #1 is the bag not the book$15.00

Dracula-Topps-4bookLot-fc-Boards.jpg

Edited by crassus

49 minutes ago, crassus said:

@dza510 My pleasure, it was in my keeper pile until I miscalculated on holiday spending, I think there will be a few more sacrifices coming to balance the books, mainly I'm a Marvel FF and Hulk collector, now Romance books also,  and these are becoming so pricey that SS, which I like, has become a luxury I cannot really afford. That said from time to time I also collect specialty items relating to history, oddly enough at one end of the spectrum Ancient Egypt themed covers and at the other Cold War and anything related to atomics and the arms race.

I teach history for a living so I very much appreciate the value of these kind of books. I think the comic or graphic novel medium has shown its potential to give a new generation a taste of the importance of history and it has become an accepted vehicle for people to record and recount their experiences for posterity. 

@ECDC to add I've found that the history of the technology itself can be a way to get younger people interested in History, my son for example developed that fascination with big machines etc, trucks, trains and airplanes, and so we started going to train and aviation museums, and from there as he grows up he becomes more curious about the circumstances of the trains and planes, the specific era, design, and in the case of the war planes what the fight was about exactly, and from that point you have some traction to show why these things are important. We have an excellent train museum near Montreal and my son's favourite aviation museum is in Trenton, Ontario, adjacent to the main Canadian Forces base, and in its main area there is a restored Halifax bomber, and outside in the field it displays all kinds of decommissioned aircraft, from helicopters to WW2 fighter planes. Normally we visit both once a year, except of course this year but I'm hopeful for this summer....

Always great to hear what others are collecting. Very cool spectrum of historical books! Hoping some great Marvel FF/Hulk/Romance deals come your way in 2021. I'll have to check out those museums when I'm in the area. There are a few here in Northern California (for aviation anyway) including the place in Sonoma that Garth Ennis talks about in the afterword of Dreaming Eagles, where you can fly in a restored P-40 :whatthe:. Bucket list item for me for sure!

Completely agree that the comic/graphic novel medium has really shown potential for posterity purposes especially in relation to a non-fiction subject like this one; certainly a reason I went all in with this series. (I've got the full set of Dreaming Eagles and the HC omnibus so I'm clearly way too excited with this buy) Just always happy to support any medium where more artists and storytellers can get involved (though it looks like TV streaming properties are taking the cake on that these days) Very sorry for the excessive tangent in your thread by the way - appreciate everyone who chimed in! Happy new year to all!

Miscellaneous Sci-Fi themed Heritage & Filmfax 3 book lot (no hg stuff here, soft corners on the mag and 1 of the catalogues, but some great art and sci-fi/history reading$10.00

Heritage-SciFi-2booklot-fc-Boards.jpg

Filmfax-21-fc-Boards.jpg

Heritage Superman themed 3 Catalogue lot (the 2 large catalogues are as new NMish with the Action 1 special booklet having some spine and staple stress but otherwise VF/NMish if you are keeping track, additional pics from the 8.5" x 8.5" 12pp booklet included below, as well as a gratuitous pic of Wonder Woman, because I know you are all keeping track of that. Note also the larger Platinum catalogue has those fancy 3D effect covers, these make a very nice package so asking more here$30.00

Heritage-Platinum-Ctlg-fc-Boards.jpg

Heritage-Supes-2Ctlg-fc-Boards.jpg

Heritage-Supes-Aug-Interior-1-Boards.jpg

Heritage-Supes-Aug-Interior-2-Boards.jpg

Heritage-Platinum-Ctlg-InteriorWW-Boards.jpg

Heritage no themed 3 Catalogue lot (the 2 large catalogues are not hg with ncb folds and some crses, but the 9" x 9" "faux brown wrapper" special Underground catalogue is NM as new and never (I swear never) opened. Would make a good companion with the Moebius book a few pages back, if anybody wanted the Moebius book I'd throw these in for free, otherwise$15.00

Heritage-Poster-Undgrnd-3CtlgLot-fc-Boards.jpg

The Fade Out 1 9.4 (8.5" x 11" magazine format "faux wear" variant but as a bonus you get a very real printing defect btm fc & bc

The Fade Out 1-12 complete set (not worth grading individually, so consider these readers by modern standards, but nice copies)

Take it altogether for $20.00  SOLD

FadeOut-1-MagVer-fc.jpg

FadeOut-1-MagVer-bc.jpg

FadeOut-Set.jpg

Edited by crassus

Event Leviathan 1-6 and Leviathan Dawn 1, 7 book lot (NM at least maybe better but if you care that much contact me and I will put them through the grinder, and that's a figure of speech of courseClaimed

EventL-1-3-group-fc-Boards.jpg

EventL-4-6-group-fc-Boards.jpg

Lev-Dawn-1-fc-Boards.jpg

Edited by crassus

So lots of snow here this morning, I will try to find some more interesting stuff to post, I should have called this thread "From my closet to yours..." 

Yeah I know :fear::tonofbricks: lol

Terry Moore Strangers in Paradise themed 2 item lot (both items NM as new, interior pic with signature incl, please note that is not a fold br of the signature but just the print$20.00

SiP-postc&sktchbk-Boards.jpg

Sip-sktchbk-interior-Boards.jpg