• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How Do You Store OA

16 posts in this topic

I figured that with the number of big collectors posting here someone would be able to shed some light on my question. I have a portfolio in which my current collection fits nicely, but it is kind of bulky. I was wondering if there is some sort of divided box that can very compactly store OA pages in a stationary environment. If anyone has any advice please post. Thanks,

CW

PS: any other storage methods would be of interest as well.

Good suggestion, say for instance I had more pieces than I could find wall space for. Some sort of storage boxes?

Good suggestion, say for instance I had more pieces than I could find wall space for. Some sort of storage boxes?

Buy a bigger house, or one with no windows... just kidding(because apparently you have to say that around here.)

If you do frame. Dont let the framer drymount it. Use archival materials, many framers say they do but don't. Use corner mounts when possible so you don't have to tape the piece. And, use UV protection glass or better yet plexi.

I actually frame some and keep some in a portfolio that seems to work best for me.

Ditto.

I have a porfolio box that I store the art in. I've thought about getting a portable case, but since I collect Silver Age large art, it would have to be HUGE. if you collect only modern pages you could get a decent sized spiral-bound case which is a bit more compact than the portfolio boxes.

I got some of the portfolios from Anthony Snyder , but sold them becuase I didn't like them. Here's why - modern pages fit in them PERFECTLY (thats a good thing right), but the very top edge (1/8th or 1/16th inch) stuck out and I just pictured the tops of all my pages getting jacked up. So what'd I do? I bought the larger sized portfolios from Anthony Snyder and my pages fit swimmingly inside the sleeve while inside a mylar.

just how I do it, and I don't have enough walls (or money) to frame all of my PREACHER pages

Thanks guys that helps a lot. The bigger house suggestion actually makes a lot of sense. Too bad I spend all of my cash on the collection. Oh well thanks again.

CW

Here's what I use. I bought the 13x19 because with the 14x17 the top edges of pages stick out slightly like someone else posted.

http://www.itoya.com/Catalogs/Profolio/Profolio_html/Art_profolio_Evolution.htm

They're only 20.00 Canadian too at the local art store so they're probably even cheaper in the US.

I have the portfolios and some stuff framed...but what about the rest of the stuff? I worry about what could happen to some art if the house burned down or a tree fell on the roof (the part of the house where all the valuable art is!) and everything is getting wet. Is there anything out there fireproof to store art in?

I have the portfolios and some stuff framed...but what about the rest of the stuff? I worry about what could happen to some art if the house burned down or a tree fell on the roof (the part of the house where all the valuable art is!) and everything is getting wet. Is there anything out there fireproof to store art in?

I keep my portfolio of OA and my comics in a fire safe. I'm paranoid. This is why I was wondering about a storage box for them so that I could get more into a smaller space. I don't know of any other fire protection.