• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When did Walkthrough change to 3 day?

13 posts in this topic

I could have sworn it said 2 day when I completed submission. Overnighted to CGC thinking 2 day turn around and was marked received on 29th with FedEx overnight selected to get it back by the weekend. Am I crazy or did it just change? Doesn't look like it'll get shipped out by today and I just wasted a ton of money trying to get a turnaround by Sat/Sun. Don't know if I can't read, or it just updated to 3.

If it did I need a swift kick to the nuts for bad math.

Edited by Yeahiwasder4dat

2 hours ago, Yeahiwasder4dat said:

I could have sworn it said 2 day when I completed submission. Overnighted to CGC thinking 2 day turn around and was marked received on 29th with FedEx overnight selected to get it back by the weekend. Am I crazy or did it just change? Doesn't look like it'll get shipped out by today and I just wasted a ton of money trying to get a turnaround by Sat/Sun. Don't know if I can't read, or it just updated to 3.

Not necessarily mad about it unless it said 3 day a while back. If it did I need a swift kick to the nuts for bad math.

I can understand why the turnaround time has been impacted, even on Walkthrough books. 2020 has been a crazy year. So there's no need to beat yourself up about anything...

17 cards at that price was close to $800, with overnight both ways. Could've done 10 day to get it next weekend. Work all week so don't have time to fool with them/pick them up on the weekdays from the drop off place. Would have saved me a tremendous amount of money. Now it'll land on some random day of the week when I won't be home. Was pointless paying a premium price and could have saved a lot of money. Wrecked myself if it said 3 days and I misread.

40 minutes ago, Yeahiwasder4dat said:

17 cards at that price was close to $800, with overnight both ways. Could've done 10 day to get it next weekend. Work all week so don't have time to fool with them/pick them up on the weekdays from the drop off place. Would have saved me a tremendous amount of money. Now it'll land on some random day of the week when I won't be home. Was pointless paying a premium price and could have saved a lot of money. Wrecked myself if it said 3 days and I misread.

Sadly I think the first mistake is trying to secure a specific date when it gets back to you.  Even if turnaround was not impacted by volumes and what not you still need to rely on the delivery service as well to be prompt.  The turnaround times have changed recently so it is likely they did change WK after your submission however I am not sure exactly if that would impact you if it was already mark received at the time of changing.  My last two WK were right on the nose for turnaround although I did not select any sort of overnight options for shipping.  There could also be a delay from when they are finalized and when they are shipped. Perhaps all overnight shipments need to go out by a specific time each day to be guaranteed back to you.  

Also sadly CGC will be off tomorrow for the holidays so that will not be counted as a business day.  Id expect to see the cards Tuesday or Wednesday at this point.

1 hour ago, LordSherman said:

Sadly I think the first mistake is trying to secure a specific date when it gets back to you.  Even if turnaround was not impacted by volumes and what not you still need to rely on the delivery service as well to be prompt.  The turnaround times have changed recently so it is likely they did change WK after your submission however I am not sure exactly if that would impact you if it was already mark received at the time of changing.  My last two WK were right on the nose for turnaround although I did not select any sort of overnight options for shipping.  There could also be a delay from when they are finalized and when they are shipped. Perhaps all overnight shipments need to go out by a specific time each day to be guaranteed back to you.  

Also sadly CGC will be off tomorrow for the holidays so that will not be counted as a business day.  Id expect to see the cards Tuesday or Wednesday at this point.

It was marked as "received" around noon on 29th, then scheduled for grading. Sat in "grading/quality control" for two days 30th/31st. I was operating under the assumption it would be mailed off on the second day. Shouldn't be a specific time for overnight, just after a certain time that day isn't counted as one of the days. So I would've thought it would get mailed today and it would make it to me by Sat/Sun. Still says "Grading/Quality Control". Unfortunately, I'll have to take off work early one day I suppose to go pick them up as I don't get off early enough to make it to the pick up point. More money down the drain. I was looking today thinking at some point it would hit the "finalized" stage. Thought I must be tripping balls and looked at walkthrough time and it says 3 days. Honestly not sure if it was 3 day when I sent them, but I want to say it wasn't, otherwise I feel like I would've known there was no way. If it takes more than 16 business hours they shouldn't list it as two days. Not my problem if they get a lot of extra submissions. They should limit the submissions, or whatever they have to do or hire more people.

If it was my bad then sure, I'm an illiterate person_having_a_hard_time_understanding_my_point. I really feel like it said 2 days though. Like I'm almost positive. Whenever I saw it last, it was recently and said 2.

My thing is this, if it said two days and wasn't done in two days that's an issue. I'm a plumber by profession(my full time job) with my own small handyman/remodel business. They base their prices in service days, 50/2, 10/30, etc. Not completing it in the timeframe is the equivalent of me going out on a Saturday, giving the person a higher price for it being the weekend and having them pay me up front. After they pay, I say, "Hey, I'm actually busy today I'll get to it tomorrow, but since I have your money I'll just charge you the same and get to it when I feel like it. F you, see you whenever." 

It was on 2 days, but unfortunately they are not hitting their turnaround times which sucks cause we are expecting it. And some ppl are ok with it but I understand u because I was very upset that everything that I sent in isn't hitting any of their times. So flipping before the market drops again isn't possible and we lose profit from it smh 

everything has changed this year ... i went to McDonalds the other day and they didn't even have any hamburger , out of it until the next delivery .... that never happened before...... this is not the year to be counting on anything even remotely normal....

7 hours ago, Sp33dy said:

It was on 2 days, but unfortunately they are not hitting their turnaround times which sucks cause we are expecting it. And some ppl are ok with it but I understand u because I was very upset that everything that I sent in isn't hitting any of their times. So flipping before the market drops again isn't possible and we lose profit from it smh 

That's pretty much what I was shooting for. A few of them are for PC(4 or 5), but most were going up for sell. Trying to get some extra money in my pocket. Instead just wasted a bunch.

6 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

everything has changed this year ... i went to McDonalds the other day and they didn't even have any hamburger , out of it until the next delivery .... that never happened before...... this is not the year to be counting on anything even remotely normal....

Lol, I remember when there was something going on with chicken earlier in the year and I went to a Wendy's and they didn't have any. Weird being told that.

8 hours ago, Sp33dy said:

I wouldn't count on anything being "normal" right now...

11 hours ago, The Lions Den said:

I wouldn't count on anything being "normal" right now...

I can’t go to the bank without a appointment, have not been to a movie since Feb, 

these are strang times

22 hours ago, Yeahiwasder4dat said:

It was marked as "received" around noon on 29th, 

So if this is correct 2 full business days would have it getting done normally around Noon on the 31st. They were closed the 31st. So even if it was 2 business days they would not be completing it and ready to ship out until afternoon of the 4th. 

On 12/29/2020 at 3:54 PM, PaulS. said:

We were off two days for Thanksgiving and Christmas, off this Friday as well for New Years Day.

Paul

1 hour ago, sellerservicescorp said:

So if this is correct 2 full business days would have it getting done normally around Noon on the 31st. They were closed the 31st. So even if it was 2 business days they would not be completing it and ready to ship out until afternoon of the 4th. 

I took that to mean they were only closed new years day, not eve as well.