• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Meijers $5 3 pack of comics
3 3

79 posts in this topic

I'd never heard of this company but it appears they have over 250 locations. I doubt they would go through the trouble to make these and stock them if they didn't expect to move a couple hundred units per location. I'd think they would prepare at least 100,000 bags that would make the odds of finding a key book one in 200. $1000 in sales for every "key book". Even if the average "key" costs them $40, that is still a very good profit margin as the rest of the books should cost a dime or less. 

I don't have a Meijers anywhere near me.

So... as the saying goes, "I've don't have a horse in this race."

Think about the lead in time that goes into arranging, bagging, and distributing these comic packs. 

How long do you think that takes? 

How long ago do you think they got their supply of comics.

Do we not remember that the drek from two years ago with minor first appearances are now sought after $25-50 issues?  There are 2017-2018 Marvel Comics that people ignored that are selling right now for $50 a pop if not more. 

So, I would try my luck... why not?  $5 for three comics is not terrible. 

2 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Think about the lead in time that goes into arranging, bagging, and distributing these comic packs. 

Do we not remember that the drek from two years ago with minor first appearances are now sought after $25-50 issues?  There are 2017-2018 Marvel Comics that people ignored that are selling right now for $50 a pop if not more. 

:makepoint:

2 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

I'll put some together for you. How many do you want?

1 hour ago, ygogolak said:

I'll put some together for you. How many do you want?

I am trying to be good this year... 

But, buying one or two is something I would probably try if it positioned near the counter as I was leaving. 

Edited by Buzzetta

18 hours ago, mattn792 said:

I’m guessing “key” was very loosely defined.  X-Men (1991) 1, Wolverine (2003) 1, Cable 1...

Those aren't keys by any definition. But, luckily for the distributor, keys aren't defined by value, so they wouldn't have to be much better than the stuff you mentioned.

The big question I have is how SA or early BA books could be hidden in the bags due to their size. It would be obvious from handling them (and probably even just looking) that the bag contains a book that is much older than the junk opened in the video that obviously makes up the bulk of the assortment.

5 hours ago, engelhard said:

dollar tree had comics for sale in 2 or 3 packs cant remember... what i do remember is that some of them came with  harbinger #1... needless to say i went to a lot of dollar trees and bought all i found

When was that?

18 hours ago, Sferg said:

I cant find a pic of them but here's a guy opening some on YouTube. 

Looks like they might possibly be counting True Believers reprints such as Captain Marvel 1 and Marvel Zombies 1 as keys? 

There are also SA (AF 15, Avengers 4) and BA (GS XM 1) reprints in the series, for example..

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/True_Believers_Comic_Books

14 hours ago, Ken Aldred said:

Looks like they might possibly be counting True Believers reprints such as Captain Marvel 1 and Marvel Zombies 1 as keys? 

There are also SA (AF 15, Avengers 4) and BA (GS XM 1) reprints in the series, for example..

The bag says 500 keys. Not that you get one in every bag. They probably made a few thousand of them minimum.

19 hours ago, Ken Aldred said:

I was wondering about this.  Has anyone pulled an actual SA book from these bags?

Update on these packs: Theres 2 kinds with identical UPC's, one is a 3 pack of moderns and one is a 4 pack of out of prints that I found today at another Meijers, there were 2 of them mixed in with the moderns. Nothing good in either one.

Oh and they ring up as "Trading cards" lol

20210107_144832.jpg

20210107_144823.jpg

20210107_144815.jpg

20210107_144741.jpg