• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE 2021 SKETCH COVER MEGA THREAD
17 17

913 posts in this topic

On 12/18/2021 at 9:13 AM, Webhead2018 said:

Not in hand but got sent picture in email a couple hours ago. Last month went to a comic show in my area. Which has Jim shooter as a guest.

And earlier this summer learned he used to draw back in the day. And saw some sweet pieces he did for a sketch op. He didn't bring any drawing stuff to show. But was willing to take books and mail back when done.

So I had him add a captain America to my marvel comics 1000 jam I started last year. Jim is second guy to add to the jam.

IMG_2131.jpg-1.thumb.jpg.b4d6180b09cea4d84628a5cb9f25f795.jpg

I need to get me one done like this. Can’t wait to see the finished product.

Thanks ya been a slow process. With Jim being second on jam. I doing heroes on front. Then 9 villains on back. The hard part is I had no cons last year. And this year technically had only 2 cons. When I used to have 3 cons I went too. 1 is totally over.

And I just read one of my others I like that usually in may as of right now is not planning to do show again in 2022 due to how covid and restrictions are presently which sucks alot.

So next year I likely will only go to 2 shows. Maybe a 3rd if that one happens. And one is across Canada boarder so got to see what building covid restrictions and boarder crossing be then.

So besides that I also haven't totally figured out what characters or artists I want on it. Compared to my spiders character jam cover. I got 2 characters done. 2 artists lock in and only need to figure 2 artists to go to then finish it off.

On 12/18/2021 at 9:38 PM, Webhead2018 said:

Thanks ya been a slow process. With Jim being second on jam. I doing heroes on front. Then 9 villains on back. The hard part is I had no cons last year. And this year technically had only 2 cons. When I used to have 3 cons I went too. 1 is totally over.

And I just read one of my others I like that usually in may as of right now is not planning to do show again in 2022 due to how covid and restrictions are presently which sucks alot.

So next year I likely will only go to 2 shows. Maybe a 3rd if that one happens. And one is across Canada boarder so got to see what building covid restrictions and boarder crossing be then.

So besides that I also haven't totally figured out what characters or artists I want on it. Compared to my spiders character jam cover. I got 2 characters done. 2 artists lock in and only need to figure 2 artists to go to then finish it off.

Oh ok gotcha. Well I 2022 is a better year for all of us collectors. I’m out of country until April anyways so it’s not bothering me but I do want to get back into going to the Cons. Haven’t been since 2019.

Ya totally sucked in 2020 with no shows at all. I Just did mail out sketches. This year lucked out I got 2 cons. One which is so so. Other is brand new and focusing more on comic vendors. So less chance if artists. That is why I sad one I mention isn't planning a 2022 show since they didn't do 20, 21, and now 22.

As that was a really good show. Got good media guests and stellar line up if comic folks. Ya I know that city having more covid issues then mine. But they already made it fact to go to plays, concerts, sporting events you have to be Vax and show proof. So that why I little shock that show isn't going too do show in 22. As I would been fine with too hat restriction to have a show. But I hope to show will happen again. As that is also current deal for Canada show. So I guess Canada show be my only good shot next year for in person sketches.

On 12/19/2021 at 2:05 AM, Ron C. said:

Thanos sketch cover by Geof Isherwood, inked by Pablo Marcos and colored by Linda Lessmann Reinhold from Tampa Bay CC 2019 and Superman sketch cover by Mike Perkins (TB Comic Con 2019) colored by Paul Mounts (Mega Con Orlando 2020).

Isherwood Thanos.gif

Superman Mike Perkins.gif

Straight 🔥🔥🔥

On 12/18/2021 at 11:05 AM, Ron C. said:

Thanos sketch cover by Geof Isherwood, inked by Pablo Marcos and colored by Linda Lessmann Reinhold from Tampa Bay CC 2019 and Superman sketch cover by Mike Perkins (TB Comic Con 2019) colored by Paul Mounts (Mega Con Orlando 2020).

Isherwood Thanos.gif

Superman Mike Perkins.gif

wow! That took some time for sure! Well done even, not medium rare :x