• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SEDUCTION OF THE INNOCENT - A PRIZE GIVEAWAY CONTEST AND MANY NEW DISCOVERIES!

32 posts in this topic

Here's the original gallery page from Seduction Of The Innocent, colorized with the panels from the actual comics. The first three issues are from Justice Traps The Guilty #58, Strange Adventures #39 and Hunted! #13 (#1). The fourth bottom right panel is the mystery one. Just to be clear this isn't something I myself have figured out. I want to know where it's from!

And "Stranger Than Fiction" was the text story in Hunted #13.

policecolor.jpg

Edited by howardhallis

Great thread Howard!

I wasn't aware there were any images still unidentified in SOTI. Since probably every crime and horror comic has likely been combed through looking for matches by now, my guess is the panel comes from a non-crime, non-horror book from a lesser known publisher. 

It does make me pause and reflect as I find myself looking for semi-subliminal high-heel panels in comic book stories. Am I any better than the kids who Wertham found were doing this back in the 50s? In my case it could be considered "research"... but still. Interesting to note that the story about the "man who shanghaied more than 1,000 men from the San Francisco docks" Wertham used as an example here has never been found.

From SOTI page 181-182:

182subliminalheelA.jpg

So here's some examples for your... ahem... research purposes... of semi-subliminal high heel panels.

From Murder Inc #1

murderinc1A.jpg

Awesome stuff! Thanks to all for including me!

I hadn't seen that "robbing from a blind man", and that's just as likely as C&P #2 to be the actual reference. 

I'm very remiss in updating LostSOTI.org due first to my focus on other things, and now due to some technical challenges.  

Some of those ads are new to me as well.  I haven't focused as much on ads as on comic panels and contents, since the ads typically don't point to a specific book.  It's great to see @howardhallis identifying so many cool items.  Thanks!

It's amazing how much I learned from this thread.  Today I robbed two banks and a hair salon.  Thanks, Dr. Wertham! (worship)

I wonder if the unidentified illustration might be from a non-US comic book? Some Australian comics of the time, for example, had locally sourced stories scattered among the reprints. That could explain why nobody has tracked it down. The indifferent nature of the art and poor printing is also consistent with a lot of the local books in my collection!

6 hours ago, howardhallis said:

It does make me pause and reflect as I find myself looking for semi-subliminal high-heel panels in comic book stories. Am I any better than the kids who Wertham found were doing this back in the 50s? In my case it could be considered "research"... but still. Interesting to note that the story about the "man who shanghaied more than 1,000 men from the San Francisco docks" Wertham used as an example here has never been found.

From SOTI page 181-182:

182subliminalheelA.jpg

I remember reading this story, in a Fox giant.  Unfortunately I returned it to the seller because it had apparently been trimmed (later to discover that many Fox giant story pages also had razor thin vertical margins).  Sorry, can't ID which book it came from, since as I'm sure you know, Fox would include several different comics in their recycled annuals.  But no question, it was out of a Fox crime book.