• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DC 100 pagers are a Bad Investment

62 posts in this topic

I don't think a Batman 238 CGC 9.4 has EVER been offered for sale, has it?

okay, i will share my knowledge. Here is what i know : Jon Bennett had the DC 8 9.4 white about 3 yrs ago, i believe he was the one that graded it, sold it to another collector.....last it was heard from again.

I fell in love with the DC 100 page Super Spectaculars when I entered the Air Force at Lackland Air Force Base, San Antonio Texas when I was 18 and in basic training! I was away from home for the first time and I was delighted that the Air Force was nice enough to provide a stack of comics in the dayroom for me and my fellow airmen to enjoy in our free time away from the stress of boot camp! Reading the 100 page Super Spectaculars with their incredible reprints really helped me get thru the rigors of basic training! I thought to myself the Air Force can't be all that bad if they are cool enough to provide comics to their new enlistees! That was decades ago and I still have a passion for the 100 page Super Spectaculars! My favorite one is #20 with its great Two Face reprints! I bought a CGC 9.4 copy a few years ago. I love the Adams wraparound covers and the Wrightson cover to #4.Most of my copies aren't CGCed and they are high grade, I enjoy looking at the books too much to get them CGCed and will probably enjoy them till I am gone. Unless your books get really high grades from CGC its really not worth getting them slabbed!

I fell in love with the DC 100 page Super Spectaculars when I entered the Air Force at Lackland Air Force Base, San Antonio Texas when I was 18 and in basic training! I was away from home for the first time and I was delighted that the Air Force was nice enough to provide a stack of comics in the dayroom for me and my fellow airmen to enjoy in our free time away from the stress of boot camp! Reading the 100 page Super Spectaculars with their incredible reprints really helped me get thru the rigors of basic training! I thought to myself the Air Force can't be all that bad if they are cool enough to provide comics to their new enlistees!

Great story! smile.gifthumbsup2.gif