• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What to do with all those poly bagged X-Force # 1s?
1 1

15 posts in this topic

I can across the 30 unopened copies I bought along with everyone else back in 1991. I've checked eBay for recent sales and checked Overstreet for some idea on value. What's the general consensus: bread out and grade or sell raw? The Deadpool and Cable cards are worth more. What does CGC do with the cards?

Any help is welcome. 

AFAIK CGC will get rid of anything in the bag... if you want to grade them, open them first and hang onto the cards. There's no way to know, once opened, which copies go with which cards. If you're sitting on <9.8 (and certainly <9.6) leave them bagged... if you think you've got some high grades send them in, hopefully with a member discount on grading! (But keep the cards)

What to do with them?

Bird cage liner
If you ever want to learn how to press comics, these will be perfect for practice
Spread them out to paper train your new puppy
Donate them (but only to someone you don't like)
Recycle
Fire place starter material
Burn them ritually in your backyard to cleanse the world of their awfulness. Every copy of X-Force burned improves the world by .0000000001 percent. It's worth it.
Make colorful paper airplanes out of them
Paper mache
Shred them for your compost pile
Shred them for packing material
Shred them just because they are X-Force 1 (and then shred the shredded strips. Then burn them. Can't be too careful)
Hunt down Liefeld's address and mail them to him postage due
Mail them to Marvel with the note, "what the eff were you guys thinking?"
Origami (please note that this will earn you the eternal enmity of the people of Japan)

2 hours ago, Jeffro. said:

What to do with them?

Bird cage liner
If you ever want to learn how to press comics, these will be perfect for practice
Spread them out to paper train your new puppy
Donate them (but only to someone you don't like)
Recycle
Fire place starter material
Burn them ritually in your backyard to cleanse the world of their awfulness. Every copy of X-Force burned improves the world by .0000000001 percent. It's worth it.
Make colorful paper airplanes out of them
Paper mache
Shred them for your compost pile
Shred them for packing material
Shred them just because they are X-Force 1 (and then shred the shredded strips. Then burn them. Can't be too careful)
Hunt down Liefeld's address and mail them to him postage due
Mail them to Marvel with the note, "what the eff were you guys thinking?"
Origami (please note that this will earn you the eternal enmity of the people of Japan)

Agreed, anything Liefeld

The one with the deadpool card has double digit $ sales, which confuses me, because i see a fair number listed for single $ digits. The cable card one seems to sell for $3-$5. I believe I have only bought the one with deadpool when i see it. Theoretically this is the 2d deadpool appearance, although not really, as issue #2 is his second appearance in an actual story

On 1/5/2021 at 4:14 PM, mytastebud said:

I can across the 30 unopened copies I bought along with everyone else back in 1991. I've checked eBay for recent sales and checked Overstreet for some idea on value. What's the general consensus: bread out and grade or sell raw? The Deadpool and Cable cards are worth more. What does CGC do with the cards?

Any help is welcome.

Bird cage liner? (nah, too glossy.) You could use the bags to clean your kitty litter box? (Nah, too small.) I got it . . . Origami - big hit among the little ones (but not much profit there.)

Funny i just saw this thread. I was just looking at a pile of them.  About 8 years ago my neighbor a real estate agent , new i liked comics. Called me from a house she was selling. Seller moved to florida and was selling. There was s comic book collection, like 8 short boxes, mostly 90s. Only thing i saw of real value was a ASM 361 . Owner said was her son's, $50 wants it gone. I paid it. When i got home looked through it, 20 copies of xforce 1. Sold the 361 for $100 just last month. Sold rest at gsrage sale for $50.except the xforce 1 issues. Still sitting in my basement.i was just putting some Christmas stuff away in basement and saw them.

1 hour ago, spidrvacc said:

Funny i just saw this thread. I was just looking at a pile of them.  About 8 years ago my neighbor a real estate agent , new i liked comics. Called me from a house she was selling. Seller moved to florida and was selling. There was s comic book collection, like 8 short boxes, mostly 90s. Only thing i saw of real value was a ASM 361 . Owner said was her son's, $50 wants it gone. I paid it. When i got home looked through it, 20 copies of xforce 1. Sold the 361 for $100 just last month. Sold rest at gsrage sale for $50.except the xforce 1 issues. Still sitting in my basement.i was just putting some Christmas stuff away in basement and saw them.

How bad was the rest that what you kept was the X-force 1’s ?

On 1/5/2021 at 7:14 PM, mytastebud said:

Any help is welcome. 

Soooo, I hope you still have those Deadpool card copies :whistle:

Yeah, every dog has its day. Today is definitely the day, sell these while anyone values them at all. I sold a set on the bay for about $50 and am relieved I don't have to see them ever again.