• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Star Wars #1?

11 posts in this topic

Could someone tell me how to tell if I have a reprint?.....

30 cent cover price, has UPC Code....but I don't see the words 2nd print or anything in the Info panel.....alas, I don't own a scanner......could someone tell me the difference between 1A and 1C (according to Wizard)

Thanks

The reprints have the word "reprint" in the upper lefthand corner or on the inside of the cover. They also have the issue number in a diamond on the cover and do not have a UPC on the cover.

searching ebay.......you can really find some good deals if you know where to look!

These are some ofthe great deals I've found in the past month -

* Transformers Retail Incentive Cover NM (BIN for $5.00!!!)

* A large lot (3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12) of TMNT (1st series, 1st prints) $3.50

* Giant size X-men #2 (VF) (was in a lot of 20 other x-men comics to include # 103 VF, and 104 (VF+) for a grand total of $10.00

There are a lot of deals if you know where to find them! just takes a LOT of searching!

Re: Bargains

VF seems to be a dirty word on Ebay and if you look carefully, you can get some bargains. (You can also get burned. Watch out for the "VF/NM" red flag.) I recently got about 25 mid-90s Uncle Scrooges, including the entire "Life of Scrooge" series for $23. The seller said the books had been read and showed a little wear. A few of the books had enough wear to get them into F or VF, but a majority were NM.

I wonder, with Gemstone about to relaunch the Disneys, if U$ et al are going to be sleeper hits on the back issue market?