• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Search any ebay user's neutral and negative feedback

22 posts in this topic

Thought a bump would be in order. Been doing some eBay selling and always find this very useful.

Very useful as ebay only shows the last 12 months now in the feedback glance box. It is easy to forgot this fact when bidding. Seller do bounce back between accounts and ebay now makes it easier for them to hide.

Thought a bump would be in order. Been doing some eBay selling and always find this very useful.

Very useful as ebay only shows the last 12 months now in the feedback glance box. It is easy to forgot this fact when bidding. Seller do bounce back between accounts and ebay now makes it easier for them to hide.

eBay does make it more difficult. Remember when they actually used text for the feedback header some years back? As I recall it was "PRAISE" or "NEGATIVE". You could at least expand the feedback page count to 200 and then start doing text searches on the page for "NEGATIVE". After replacing those words with the GIFs of "+" and "-", searching like that was made impossible.

eBay does make it more difficult. Remember when they actually used text for the feedback header some years back? As I recall it was "PRAISE" or "NEGATIVE". You could at least expand the feedback page count to 200 and then start doing text searches on the page for "NEGATIVE". After replacing those words with the GIFs of "+" and "-", searching like that was made impossible.

Well I just found out that you can click on the feedback number itself and get the more recent (up to 1 year) feedback, pos and neg. Still like toolhaus though.

Well I just found out that you can click on the feedback number itself and get the more recent (up to 1 year) feedback, pos and neg. Still like toolhaus though.

Toolhaus is great but it doesn't catch the false positive feedback that often reveals so so much.

I remember those days when it was easier to check out a seller. I too discovered this niffy feature ebay implemented but I never received any ebay email promoting it. Still it is only 12 months and I would image some not so honest sellers will swap between accounts hoping that their past history will be forgotten.

doh! Thanks! Ebay sent an email weeks upon weeks ago announcing the "new" feature of being able to review negative and neutral feedback, but I could never figure out how! I just assumed they considered the move an aborted alternative to toolhaus. I heart toolhaus, but ebay should just return to the old days, where all the bad feedback was out in the open.