• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] CGC graded DC comics part one
5 5

61 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, ThothAmon said:

Awesome books. Can’t wait to see what’s next?  Just have to say that the Canadian Batman 50 has a way cooler back cover than the US version. 

I'll be working on the remainder of the A-D DCs tonight (have one odd copy ready now, see below) and hope to wrap it up. Still have to gather info, see if I have suitable pics and such. 

Agreed on the back cover!!! Often times on the copies from other countries there are cooler back covers. 

Since I just sold the American version of this to a pal who had it on his want list (Detective #158), this Swedish version can now be purchased for the paltry sum of $95. The American copy in the same grade sold for nearly 4 times that much! I doubt there's another one of these on the census. Joker cover? Check! Cool? Double check! Rare? Check and mate! Sorry, no back cover pic at the moment. However, I DO have a few interior pics before I had it graded! Yes, Stalmannen is Swedish for Superman (as if you didn't know ;))!!! SOLD!

Detective 158 Swedish 2.5 front.jpg

Detective 158 Swedish splash.jpg

Detective 158 Swedish interior page.jpg

Edited by Frisco Larson

1 hour ago, Frisco Larson said:

Since I just sold the American version of this to a pal who had it on his want list (Detective #158), this Swedish version can now be purchased for the paltry sum of $95. The American copy in the same grade sold for nearly 4 times that much! I doubt there's another one of these on the census. Joker cover? Check! Cool? Double check! Rare? Check and mate! Sorry, no back cover pic at the moment. However, I DO have a few interior pics before I had it graded! Yes, Stalmannen is Swedish for Superman (as if you didn't know ;))!!!

Detective 158 Swedish 2.5 front.jpg

Detective 158 Swedish splash.jpg

Detective 158 Swedish interior page.jpg

Take

Laderlappen och Robin #9 1953 (Swedish Batman #68) CGC Universal 3.0 ow/w pages. Label notes: Swedish Edition, reprints Batman #68 in Swedish. Impossibly rare, this being the only graded copy!!! Two-Face oddly redrawn partially to become .... One-Face? A perfect add to your Batman #68 or buy both of the copies above! Be the only one on your block to have this issue!!! $225 Sorry no back cover pic at hand, but I DO have a splash page pic that I took before having it graded. 

Batman 68 Swedish.jpg

Batman 68 Swedish splash.jpg

Edited by Frisco Larson

Laderlappen och Robin #9 1951 (Swedish Batman #66) CGC Universal 5.0 ow/w pages. Label notes: Swedish Edition, reprints Batman #66 in Swedish. This is the PERFECT companion piece to the Batman #66 above!!! Note the altered artwork at the base of the totem pole!!! Super cool Joker cover for not a lot of money!!! $350 Sorry, no back cover pic but I DO have a splash pic that I took before having it graded! 

Batman 66 Swedish.jpg

Batman 66 Swedish splash.jpg