• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Incorrect Label?
2 2

4 posts in this topic

Hoping someone more experienced with CGC can give me some feedback on this. I ordered this book through my LCS with Diamond, it released in March 2020, there was a kickstarter version that came out in 2018. It looks like CGC gave me the 2018 label and also said there is a number written on the cover but the cover has it printed on and not actually written like the kickstarter version so I'm wondering if this took a grade knock due to this.

My issue is being in South Africa it makes it rather expensive to have to send a book back, is there a timeframe to resubmit error books?

t5YzGj4.jpg

gSNo7UX.jpg

You can report errors to Customer Service within a certain period, I think it's 10 days of receipt. could be 14 days.  You'll have to look it up in the CGC FAQ or Help sections.  They may cover all the expenses of correcting it, including shipping both ways, if they agree that there is an error.

You can also ask about the number being printed on, which doesn't seem like it should be a defect.  Maybe they can clarify, or just re-grade it, if it ends up back with them anyway.

Not sure if this helps since it's a different book, but this recent ASM #1 that I own received the same notation on a blue label with no hit to the grade.  I'm guessing there is some minor flaw in the book that got it to 9.6.  I know this doesn't help your incorrect label issue...

IMG_4935.jpg

IMG_4934.jpg

On 1/25/2021 at 10:03 AM, IbukiLord said:

Hoping someone more experienced with CGC can give me some feedback on this. I ordered this book through my LCS with Diamond, it released in March 2020, there was a kickstarter version that came out in 2018. It looks like CGC gave me the 2018 label and also said there is a number written on the cover but the cover has it printed on and not actually written like the kickstarter version so I'm wondering if this took a grade knock due to this.

Just now noticing that you said the comic was noted as having the number "written" on the cover, when in fact it says that the number was PRINTED on the cover, which is true.  Seems like it was correctly noted.  The 2018 vs. 2020 label is a different concern.