• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC 9.4 JLA #1 on Heritage

50 posts in this topic

Looking through the Heritage October preview, and lo and behold, a 9.4 copy of JLA #1.

818015188o.jpg

It looked awfully familiar, for good reason. It's the 9.2 copy that I sold on Heritage in April 2004 in a new slab.

810069001o.jpg

I don't think it's been pressed, but I'd welcome the opinions of eyes with better expertise than mine. In all fairness, it was a gorgeous book and in my opinion should've been a 9.4 from the start, so it could very well be getting a higher grade from CGC just because. I still kick myself for not resubbing even though I considered doing so several times.

Needless to say, I will be watching this particular auction with great interest.

gossip.gif Tim you should have re-graded it first before selling headbang.gif may i ask what the Brave and Bold 28 grading is? 893whatthe.gif a 9.4 maybe...anyway i hope to get a chance and see your collection soon...btw, if you're selling some key issues let me know maybe i could pick one up... bumpit.gif In my opinion i like the BB 28 better due to its historical meaning...1st JLA rather than #1 JLA... hail.gif

gossip.gif Tim you should have re-graded it first before selling headbang.gif

In all honesty, if it had come back in 9.4 I might not have been willing to sell it.

may i ask what the Brave and Bold 28 grading is? 893whatthe.gif a 9.4 maybe...

You are correct, sir! It's the copy that sold on Heritage in April 2004. grin.gif

anyway i hope to get a chance and see your collection soon...

Take a look at the beginning of the "10 cent" thread in the SA forum. I've put up scans of some of my better books there.

In my opinion i like the BB 28 better due to its historical meaning...1st JLA rather than #1 JLA... hail.gif

Could not agree with you more. Unfortunately, it also made the B&B 28 much more expensive than the JLA #1. frown.gif

In all honesty, if it had come back in 9.4 I might not have been willing to sell it.

Well here is your chance to buy it back. The label says 9.4 now, so it fits right in to your collection. Don't worry about the fact that you will have to pay $1000's more than what you sold it for. Good luck on the label collecting.

screwy.gif

If it wasnt pressed, then what happened to the crease right above the staple and to the left of the fourth star in the title?

Looks like they are gone or less noticable to me.

my first thought too. tim, did you buy this originally from metro a couple years ago? i kinda doubt it cuz i passed on that 9.2 cuz i thought it looked more like a 9.0.

may i ask what the Brave and Bold 28 grading is? 893whatthe.gif a 9.4 maybe...

You are correct, sir! It's the copy that sold on Heritage in April 2004. grin.gif

anyway i hope to get a chance and see your collection soon...

Take a look at the beginning of the "10 cent" thread in the SA forum. I've put up scans of some of my better books there.

i just went to heritage and saw the book 893whatthe.gif and the price 893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif for that i say hail.gif nice book. now i am thinking of getting one 893scratchchin-thumb.gif but in 5.0 only as thats my budget 893applaud-thumb.gif btw, saw 3 books of yours from the 10cents thread...nice ones.

Do you think that you could re-sub your old label B&B #28 9.4 and have it come back a new label 9.6? Might be worth a try...

Since I never held it raw, I can`t really say with much certainty. But my assessment through the slab is that it is a solid 9.4 but not a 9.6 candidate.

If it wasnt pressed, then what happened to the crease right above the staple and to the left of the fourth star in the title?

Looks like they are gone or less noticable to me.

Yeah, I noticed that too. But pressing wouldn`t typically remove a color breaking crease like that. Also, there`s a small crease to the left of Despero`s right hand that`s still there. Like I said, I`m not sure if anything was done with this book other than resubbing, but it`s always helpful to have extra eyes looking at it.

Well here is your chance to buy it back. The label says 9.4 now, so it fits right in to your collection. Don't worry about the fact that you will have to pay $1000's more than what you sold it for. Good luck on the label collecting.

screwy.gif

What`s with the hostility? Where did I say I was going to buy it back, or that I was willing to pay a lot more for it to get it back now that it has a higher label? I put this up so people would know that it`s the same book in a higher label.

tim, did you buy this originally from metro a couple years ago? i kinda doubt it cuz i passed on that 9.2 cuz i thought it looked more like a 9.0.

No, that was a different 9.2 copy which was jointly sold by Metro and Bob Storms and I believe is currently owned by boardmember Rube11. I purchased mine raw back in 1997 or 1998.

tim, did you buy this originally from metro a couple years ago? i kinda doubt it cuz i passed on that 9.2 cuz i thought it looked more like a 9.0.

No, that was a different 9.2 copy which was jointly sold by Metro and Bob Storms and I believe is currently owned by boardmember Rube11. I purchased mine raw back in 1997 or 1998.

thanks. oh, for the days when you could buy raw books of this quality.

You could get the graders notes for both subs - see if on the first time it went

9.2, 9.2, 9.4

and if on the second time it went

9.2. 9.4, 9.4

it would only take one person going up to make it a 9.4. We talk about "resub" candidates all the time, why is this such a huge deal? Tim says it was a gorgeous copy, maybe it just went up? foreheadslap.gif