• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What are you buying from the bronze age?

104 posts in this topic

and to a lesser extent, the BA Marvel Horror reprint titles.

Which ones do you like best?

Hard to say, since I haven't read most of them 893whatthe.gif

Judging by the covers, I like the Tower of Shadows, Vault of Evil, Chamber of Chills, and Crypt of Shadows...

I cannot stand those Monsters on the Prowl, Creatures on the Loose, etc covers--the art is ok, I just can't get into those "monster" stories Kirby and company did back in the Atlas days.

Joe Kubert Tarzans. I just won a couple of ebay auctions and managed to pick up some high grade copies way below guide including a 100 pager in 8.5 for only $4.50. They're real fun to read and contain, IMHO, some of Kubert's best artwork.

Anyone else out there enjoy these DC Tarzan books?

I like 'em.... and since most of my growing years involved Kubert just doing covers, it was cool to see a ton of interior art.

Judging by the covers, I like the Tower of Shadows, Vault of Evil, Chamber of Chills, and Crypt of Shadows...

Journey into Mystery V2 was original stories before switching to reprints. Those earlier stories were quite good...

Jim

Journey into Mystery V2 was original stories before switching to reprints. Those earlier stories were quite good...

Jim

Yep, forgot about that--I love that short lived series revival...