• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Star Wars High Republic 1 Cover A - Error Cover? **Update - Graded 9.8/Blue Label**

9 posts in this topic

Hi all. So I was lucky to order about 80 of these about a day before the cover price really shot up. As I'm pre-screening to send a batch to CGC, four of the covers have ink errors that I found so far. In all the comics I have graded and sold over the years, I have yet to deal with this kind of issue so your experienced advice would be appreciated. The four found so far like this range from 9.4 to 9.8. I'm going to show snippets of the two most affected and one you will notice that the color error extends vertically from the bottom of the first character's saber in one of them. Also, the Marvel logo is affected to some degree.

One of the obvious questions would be if you think this could be considered an "error" cover and affect on grading. Thank you!

Here is what a normal cover looks like as the first photo.

Regular.jpg

Here are the ones in question:

20210128_161630.jpg

20210128_161641 (1).jpg

20210128_161704 (1).jpg

For the second of the two I've posted, the effect runs from top to bottom:

20210128_161851.jpg

20210128_161904.jpg

The next two show a normal one on this same side of the comic so no effect here. Looking at the one above this, below the butt of the lightsaber, you will see the color extension:

20210128_161920.jpg

20210128_161931.jpg

Edited by CHASEnBLUE
Wording.

So I have about 20 more to get through and discovered around 10 more but with a similar effect running through the middle vertically of Padawan Keeve Trennis. I will post a few of these a bit later.

13 hours ago, Acegraphix said:

One of the obvious questions would be if you think this could be considered an "error" cover and affect on grading. Thank you!

I've seen that effect before - here's an old ASM I used to own:

652pemock.PNG.c49ed194b247a71a486fb9bd6036c2a4.PNG

I had multiple copies like it, all different.

1 hour ago, Get Marwood & I said:

I've seen that effect before - here's an old ASM I used to own:

652pemock.PNG.c49ed194b247a71a486fb9bd6036c2a4.PNG

I had multiple copies like it, all different.

Thank you for the photo. I've never had this many in one order before. There are some where her hands are almost white and not black. I'm sending a few in so I'll update here with the grades at some point. 

I won't post all of the pics, but thought you all would like to see that CGC graded these 9.8 with the printing defects on the front cover. Spot on @Deadpoolica😁

IMG_2804.jpg

IMG_2807.jpg

Edited by CHASEnBLUE