• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grading help

5 posts in this topic

I went through my comics collection a few days ago (6 short boxes) and picked out what comics I watetd to keep, what was the modern drivel and what comics i think could sell on their own.

As a result i have 5 short boxes of comics of moderns that i am going to donate to the childrens section of the hospital (if they will take them) and a pile of comics i reckon i could sell. The problem is i can't grade for toffee.

So i need some help on how I can sell these without messing up. I know i can post scans but most of the time they don't do the comic justice and important things may be missed out etc.

Anyone got any hints or ideas? confused-smiley-013.gif

Make sure the stuff for the kids isn't R-rated. thumbsup2.gif

Grading...

Moderns?

Check the spine for creases and the corners for folds.

If none (or just a few tinys ones) then you got VF-NM stuff.

Some wear = FVF

Fair amount of wear = VGF

Hard to believe moderns could be worse then VGF unless the rats got at them.

poke2.gif

Most of the stuff i picked out for selling is actually silver/bronze age stuff. I should have mentioned that foreheadslap.gif

I threw out the mouse chewed ones. I suppose if the hospital doesn't take them they can be used for bedding insane.gif

I almost made this mistake when I wanted to give out comics for Halloween. My wife thumbed through them and found them to be inappropriate. We are giving away the Warner Bros character comics this year though. cloud9.gif

I almost made this mistake when I wanted to give out comics for Halloween. My wife thumbed through them and found them to be inappropriate. We are giving away the Warner Bros character comics this year though. cloud9.gif

893censored-thumb.gif I just donated a short box to the local library yesterday. I should have held onto them and had my parents give them away for Halloween. foreheadslap.gif