• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AMAZING SPIDERMAN #1 MARCH 1963 found in attic

39 posts in this topic

Just now, comicginger1789 said:

^ The original poster is now gonna think they have a gem mint graded book and ask $160 lol 

Lol, true!

Insert tree fiddy joke here...

@rossalexmax I jest

You should know that generally, when people on here tell you it is worthless or has little value, it generally does...this community here does not exist to tell you youo have nothing and then try to scam you. If someone here who has been active for years and posts often says "it's not worth much", you can trust em.

I know that is not as cool of an answer for finding a super old book in an attic but the reality with a LOT of comic book finds is that they are not the motherload. Still a fun reprint of a classic book to have to enjoy.

9 minutes ago, universal soldier said:

Sorry to burst your bubble but you did not hit the mother lode. This is a reprint from Running Press (Smaller than Digest size, measures 6+1/4” tall by 4+1/4”across. Supplement to the Book Start Collecting Comic Books)

Assuming from your (blurry) pic it is no better than a 9.0 here are the values from Comic Book Price Gide. I couldn't find it on Go Collect but this should give you a general idea of value. This is a dollar bin book at best...

Condition Raw Value Graded Value*
10.0 (GEM MINT) $8 $160
9.9 (MINT) $7.20 $57.60
9.8 (NEAR MINT/MINT) $5.60 $22.40
9.6 (NEAR MINT+) $4.80 $14.40
9.4 (NEAR MINT) $4 $8
9.2 (NEAR MINT-) $3.76 $3.76
9.0 (VERY FINE/NEAR MINT) $3.68 $3.68
8.5 (VERY FINE+) $3.52 $3.52
8.0 (VERY FINE) $3.20 $3.20
7.5 (VERY FINE-) $2.80 $2.80
7.0 (FINE/VERY FINE) $2 $2
6.5 (FINE+) $1.60 $1.60
6.0 (FINE) $1 $1
5.5 (FINE-) $.80 $.80
5.0 (VERY GOOD/FINE) $.72 $.72
4.5 (VERY GOOD+) $.64 $.64
4.0 (VERY GOOD) $.56 $.56
3.5 (VERY GOOD-) $.48 $.48
3.0 (GOOD/VERY GOOD) $.40 $.40
2.5 (GOOD+) $.32 $.32
2.0 (GOOD) $.24 $.24
1.8 (GOOD-) $.16 $.16
1.5 (FAIR/GOOD) $.08 $.08
1.0 (FAIR) $.04 $.04
0.5 (POOR) $.02 $.02

Thanks for the info, very decent of you

10 minutes ago, comicginger1789 said:

^ The original poster is now gonna think they have a gem mint graded book and ask $160 lol 

7.4 -7.8

I'll grade your wife - not mint, tatty around the edges, discoloration and creases on the backside. Dollar bin at best.

I think I had this, or a similar promotional reprint as a kid. It was a give away and was one of four books if it's the one I remember reading. 

This was the first time I read spiderman 1 and I loved the idea of him trying to join the fantastic four. 

Little value, but lots of fun and good memories for me. Read it and enjoy it. 

Well, first there was the 8.5 that was already a 9.2 before it was sent in because it had  "sort of restoration". Now we have this and the branding of "Tatty".

I'd say we need a vaccine for unbridled and unjustified optimism as much as we need one for COVID.