• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Return shipping from CGC

5 posts in this topic

Submitted a few books. One was a $6k book, sent walkthrough but the return postage UPS is $15 .  Cost me over $100 to ship to CGC with insurance. I did not see any option when selecting return shipping to add insurance. Submitted a 2nd set of books $1k insurance $45 and the return shipping is again $15?  Do they not send back insurance or is that in the cost of the total grading fees or do i get chsrged thst later, so confused with how it is returned with insurance ?

• Administrator

Good morning,

It depends on where it is shipping to and what shipping method you choose.  If it is shipping within the U.S. then registered mail would be the only method to fully insure the package.  FedEx and UPS ground would only insure up to $100 per box. 

If this is shipping internationally then it would not be insured unless you have your own third party shipping insurance.  

You can find all shipping rates on our website here: https://www.cgccomics.com/news/article/8324/shipping-collectibles-cgc/

Thanks!

I already paid and the books should be there. And i already paid , so your telling me your shipping my 10k in books back to me with no insurance or do you plan on calling me and letting me know how to pay for the insurance.   Or change it to registerd mail. I selected UPS but if it was obvious i would have selected registered mail.

Edited by spidrvacc

• Administrator

Hello,

Thanks for your message.  The customer selects the shipping option they prefer when completing their online form.  It does state that FedEx and UPS are only insured up to $100. 

Once your order is received, we can change it to registered, if you prefer.  When you receive the email letting you know your invoice has been logged in, just send us an email with the submission number and notate that you would like to change the shipping method to registered mail.  You would be charged the difference in price at that time.  You can reach us at: submissions@cgccomics.com.

Thanks!