• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

For Those Jaded With HG SA, Even This Will Raise Your Eyebrows...

41 posts in this topic

what mentality? book has been on doug's site- $5000 high bid, was asking $9500. how many GL's from this era in 9.8?? i'm guessing not many. what's greg holland's site- that would have the answer.

I would have took the $5,000 and ran. $5,000 is insane for this book never mind $9,500. When you think what your options would be if you had a budget of $9,500 this book doesn't even register on the radar.

Must...look...at...comic...not...avatar...

speaking of which - what is ur avatar? looks like i'm looking down someone's throat... ??

Think it might be an extreme close-up of your avatar, which is very nice, BTW. news.gif

i post a unique 9.8 SA comic and everyone just yawns... the sign of changing times?

about a year and a half ago, i posted a thread about a 9.4 mid-30s ASM (#31 IIRC) - and people were adding to the thread saying how lovely the book was.

Here's the thread

is the sign of changing times? everyone knows how much more common 9.4 ASMs are.

if attitudes about high end begin to change, so will the market for high end change.

if a unique 9.8 SA comic doesn't raise a pulse in the minds of comic_collectors (aside from a jaded yawn - a simple reply of "nice book" would have sufficed), what will?

... of your avatar, which is very nice, BTW. news.gif

thanks smile.gif

actually - it took me a while to switch to that avatar. i had previously had my 14 of spades card there ever since i joined the forums - and given my I.D. - the picture of the card was obviously most appropriate.

but the pic was just too nice, i couldn't resist.

PM me if u want the full-size (1035 x 687) photo... cool.gif