• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Funnies Thread
1 1

8 posts in this topic

Ever since I was a kid I loved reading the funnies in the newspaper.  I loved both the humor and art form of my favorites.  These days I no longer read a newspaper but do still read the funnies, and figured I would share my favorite website:  gocomics.com

Some of my favorites are the more popular ones like Calvin and Hobbes, Peanuts, B.C., The Far Side and Doonesbury. But I also get into the slightly lesser known ones that I discovered on this website, like Bound and Gagged, Eek (which does takes on comic characters), Flying McCoys, Off the Mark, Savage Chickens, Scary Gary, Speed Bump, and Strange Brew.

So what are your favorites? Always looking for recommendations on the more obscure funnies that are good reading!

1 minute ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

Family Circus :p

Gotta love the dotted paths!

1 minute ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

I used to like Mother Goose and Grimm:shy:

I followed it in the newspaper, had its funny moments.

I grew up in NE Ohio. The newspaper was The News Herald. They had a Sunday funnies booklet insert that was ~6x10 inches. I read them each week then trashed them. A lady at church collected them and when she found out I liked comics she brought 6 grocery bags full of them. I kept those stacks for the longest time. 
Fast forward to this last month, I found a seller who had several partial runs. I bought the full run of 1988 and 1995.

My favorite is Calvin and Hobbes. 

A6210C99-7C8F-45F9-BD12-7B37A93AA173.jpeg