• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay Advice. No Feedback Buyer.
2 2

42 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, Xenosmilus said:

Well I did learn something. I never had a bad experience selling until now. I didn’t realize you could select out people with no feedback.

I'm still not sure you can eliminate zero feedback sellers.  Where you set that, it's a sub-rule tied to limiting the number of items people can bid on.  It specifically refers to the rule above it. 

You can see that the rule is indented from the one above it, indicating that it is a sub-rule to that one, not a stand-alone rule.  You can see this in the image that @Beigeposted.

Like an "IF Statement" in programming.  So IF someone is bidding on too many items, whatever you set, it looks to the next rule regarding their feedback level.  That's how I interpret it.  And it wouldn't need interpretation if it was just written correctly in the first place.  But it's eBay, land of ambiguity.

So if you set the first rule to 5 max, then someone is bidding on 8, it looks to see what their feedback is.  If it is lower than the value you set for the feedback, it should block them.

Nowhere does it say that it will block any or every "lower than selected feedback level users" on a general basis.  It seems to indicate that it only concerned with how many items those low feedback people are bidding on.  Otherwise, it should be a stand-alone rule.  Why muddy it up?

57 minutes ago, Lightning55 said:

I'm still not sure you can eliminate zero feedback sellers.  Where you set that, it's a sub-rule tied to limiting the number of items people can bid on.  It specifically refers to the rule above it. 

You can see that the rule is indented from the one above it, indicating that it is a sub-rule to that one, not a stand-alone rule.  You can see this in the image that @Beigeposted.

Like an "IF Statement" in programming.  So IF someone is bidding on too many items, whatever you set, it looks to the next rule regarding their feedback level.  That's how I interpret it.  And it wouldn't need interpretation if it was just written correctly in the first place.  But it's eBay, land of ambiguity.

So if you set the first rule to 5 max, then someone is bidding on 8, it looks to see what their feedback is.  If it is lower than the value you set for the feedback, it should block them.

Nowhere does it say that it will block any or every "lower than selected feedback level users" on a general basis.  It seems to indicate that it only concerned with how many items those low feedback people are bidding on.  Otherwise, it should be a stand-alone rule.  Why muddy it up?

Honestly I had to - there has been this absolute wanker form Singapore who keeps making full price offers to get around this to quite a few comic sellers.

He never pays. Ever.

So now he's blocked to buy by my settings , then sends full price offers as zero feedbacks are blocked, doesn't pay, and then opens yet another new account.

We know its him as its the same message every time. He must be on his 7th or 8th account. It would seem to be a full-time habit.

Of course some insufficiently_thoughtful_person seller always leaves a 'warning' positive so he can get around the zero feedback block.

That's why I always block 'problem children' straight away.

I did notice ebay had lifted the blocked-buyers capacity from 3000 to 5000 :bigsmile: