• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wrong tier
1 1

10 posts in this topic

First time submitter perhaps having made a first time submitter mistake. I sent 4 books, 2 modern, 2 pre-1975 and they are the only four I care to have graded. I saved $100 on shipping(to Canada) by paying extra for the “value” tier for the grading and pressing of the 2 modern books. It’s too late to fix the mistake if it is one, package is sent.... 

if I pay more for the grading and pressing, does the CGC care that the 2 modern books are labelled as value press and grade? I realize now that they may go to different tiers of graders, but could a “value” grader not take care of grading a modern book if it got sent his/her way? 
thanks! 

16 hours ago, I’m Rick Jones person_without_enough_empathy said:

First time submitter perhaps having made a first time submitter mistake. I sent 4 books, 2 modern, 2 pre-1975 and they are the only four I care to have graded. I saved $100 on shipping(to Canada) by paying extra for the “value” tier for the grading and pressing of the 2 modern books. It’s too late to fix the mistake if it is one, package is sent.... 

if I pay more for the grading and pressing, does the CGC care that the 2 modern books are labelled as value press and grade? I realize now that they may go to different tiers of graders, but could a “value” grader not take care of grading a modern book if it got sent his/her way? 
thanks! 

I think it's fine. By selecting all value, you ensure that they are part of the same shipment. Modern books are allowed in other tiers and sometimes even HAVE to be in another tier. And I wouldn't change it since then you'll be stuck paying that extra 100$ shipping. What you did was the smartest move and I think what you should do is make sure all your books ship out at the same time to avoid that high feel

Call CGC to make sure

39 minutes ago, William-James88 said:

I think it's fine. By selecting all value, you ensure that they are part of the same shipment. Modern books are allowed in other tiers and sometimes even HAVE to be in another tier. And I wouldn't change it since then you'll be stuck paying that extra 100$ shipping. What you did was the smartest move and I think what you should do is make sure all your books ship out at the same time to avoid that high feel

Call CGC to make sure

Thanks, I really appreciate the input.