• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Alternative Quiz: Funky Ghost

8 posts in this topic

So I'm at a loss to even guess at this week's Comicquest.

Here's an alternative quiz for the board:

Who is currently doing an uncredited ghost-artist stint for the Funky Winkerbean comic strip? (Hint: notice how he/she draws eyeglasses-- that tipped me off to it).

5-star rating for the first correct answer! (Sniping will get ya nowhere in this quiz!)

Cheers,

Z.

Found on Unofficial Funky Winkerbean fan page

Over the course of my career, I've been blessed to have worked with some very talented artists. On John Darling I worked with Tom Armstrong of Marvin fame, and of course the art on Crankshaft has been handled from the very beginning by the amazing Chuck Ayers. The brilliant Batman colorist, Lee Loughridge, has been coloring Funky for several years now. Chuck has also been helping me with the penciling on Funky, and when some recent foot surgery among other things caused us to get a little behind in our schedule, I asked John Byrne, one of the top comic book artists in the business today and an artist whose work I've long admired, to step in and do a guest shot sharing the art duties with my Funky characters for a few weeks on a cool story I had in mind. Fortunately, he was able to do it and the work he did is exceptional.