• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moon Knight (1980) 1 newsstand vs non-newsstand
1 1

3 posts in this topic

Curious on thoughts concerning value from a book from 1980. I know this book is hot right now, I see a ton of direct and much less newsstand, especially in 9.8. I also have a direct, got lucky and snagged this one up for around $20 raw, so I’m in a good place regardless. I’ve heard varied thoughts on newsstand. Thanks in advance! 

8BA9A587-AB8A-4E53-AA75-D8F7C4C7649F.jpeg

In general if I had the newsstand as a child I seek the newsstand now. Same too goes for direct sale. 

From what I've noticed the last few years, I'm no expert just my own observation, is 1979-1985 (inside the era I collect most) newsstand copies sometimes command higher prices than direct sales. Seems to me the effect is more pronounced on Marvel than DC.  As for myself it's more of a deal with Marvel as the direct sales covers are different from my memories if I had the newsstand back in the day.  With DC only the UPC area is differs and at least as of now I do not usually seek out DC newsstand copies even if I had those as a child - DC Presents 26, Fury of Firestorm #1 and Batman and the Outsiders #1 being my only personal exceptions as those 3 only seemed off to me without the UPC code and I've really no idea why...

Edited by MAR1979