• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM amazing spiderman 361
3 3

14 posts in this topic

On 2/7/2021 at 10:11 AM, Funnybooks said:

Is that a tear on the lower edge BC?

If it is a tear, I'll go 7.5

If it's not a tear, 9.0

On 2/7/2021 at 10:23 AM, Corallas said:

Hoping this is recognized as a common manufacturing defect for this issue .

Tear on the bottom of the FC on Carnage’s knee, as well.  Likely they are bindery perforations, are any pages torn?

7 hours ago, sagekilz said:

The rotate button is your friend.

The

Rotate                   friend.

Button                 your

Is

15 hours ago, MPH1964 said:

Tear on the bottom of the FC on Carnage’s knee, as well.  Likely they are bindery perforations, are any pages torn?

Hi , Yes I dont know what a bindery perforation is , no inside pages are torn , I have found some 9.6 slabbed books on ebay for sale with 1 or two similar tears in the same spots or close to same spots 

Edited by Corallas

37 minutes ago, Corallas said:

Hi , Yes I dont know what a bindery perforation is , no inside pages are torn , I have found some 9.6 slabbed books on ebay for sale with 1 or two similar tears in the same spots or close to same spots 

My guess is in the 9.0 - 9.2 range.

What you called the "printer" is often referred to as "binder". Bindery defects happened during the manufacturing process, so it's just a matter of you understanding the jargon, you already know most of this stuff. Perforations are those holes in the pages, often near the bottom, again, a by-product of the manuf. process.

Edited by grebal

4 hours ago, grebal said:

My guess is in the 9.0 - 9.2 range.

What you called the "printer" is often referred to as "binder". Bindery defects happened during the manufacturing process, so it's just a matter of you understanding the jargon, you already know most of this stuff. Perforations are those holes in the pages, often near the bottom, again, a by-product of the manuf. process.

Very well said.  To add to what @grebalnoted: Although most bindery perforation ‘defects’ occur on pages, they do occasionally appear on covers as well.  Sometimes they are just small holes, sometimes they are tears.  Ultimately what matters is the graders’ determination if that particular defect is part of the manufacturing process.  That said, if the tears are judged to be a manufacturing defect it won’t affect your grade on this book.