• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Blue VS Green label what to do about TMNT

4 posts in this topic

So I have complete set of TMNT 1 - 4 that are signed by Eastman.  I want them encapsulated to protect them more then anything.  But I don’t really want green labels.  Can I request blue label and just take lower grades? Any feedback is appreciated.  #1 third print #2 second printing # 3 and 4 first printing.  

18EF4C6E-00C3-4C39-AC76-5E0BC084ED46.jpeg

10 minutes ago, Frost451 said:

So I have complete set of TMNT 1 - 4 that are signed by Eastman.  I want them encapsulated to protect them more then anything.  But I don’t really want green labels.  Can I request blue label and just take lower grades? Any feedback is appreciated.  #1 third print #2 second printing # 3 and 4 first printing.  

18EF4C6E-00C3-4C39-AC76-5E0BC084ED46.jpeg

Personally, I’d rather they were green label so I would know the actual grades of the books. 

You can request blue labels with a downgrade though.

Edited by THE_BEYONDER

They are turtles... go green. 

I believe it is problematic that CGC puts unverified signatures in a green label which visually treats it the same as a book with a missing centerfold or a married cover or a page missing.   The saving grace here is that CGC will say, "name written on the cover in marker" which differentiates it from, "Page 21 missing - does not affect story". 

So... go green.  Think of it as if you had Kirby sign the 1st page splash of a book before CGC SS came into existence.

BTW - what's my solution to this? 

Obviously the books should not be 'verified' and put in a yellow label.  We see the problems that causes. 

Maybe it's time for a new color label for unverified signatures... maybe LIME GREEN !