• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

COVID victim fundraiser
4 4

66 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

West, are you planning on having people donate books for the fundraiser? That might be a good idea, and really the only way we can keep this in G/S/B.

I've never organized a donation, but if a book needs to be donated to keep this up, I'll post something shortly!

Four Color #280 VG. Here is an inexpensive way to start or add to your Robot cover collection!  This comic from 1950 is complete.  There are some creases, spine stress & general wear... a nice comic book overall.  Pages are supple & nice with no traces of tanning or brittleness. 

$45 with free shipping. All proceeds donated to charity.

Fourcolor280.JPG

Fourcolor280a.JPG

5 minutes ago, Professor Chaos said:

Does the child have family or friends to take care of him now? 

He has his father, but it was his mother who was doing all the daily work to raise him, getting him his meds, taking care of him, etc...

56 minutes ago, Timely said:

I've never organized a donation, but if a book needs to be donated to keep this up, I'll post something shortly!

Not a manner of keeping it up, just where we can keep it. I can move it to the water cooler if you don't want people donating books.

I'm sure others will donate as well.

Perhaps just suggest that funds be paid directly into the gofundme page, but that's up to you.

1 minute ago, skypinkblu said:

Not a manner of keeping it up, just where we can keep it. I can move it to the water cooler if you don't want people donating books.

I'm sure others will donate as well.

Perhaps just suggest that funds be paid directly into the gofundme page, but that's up to you.

Yes, anybody here, feel free to donate books in this thread & have the buyers donate directly into the gofundme page.  I think that would be easiest for all.

1 hour ago, Timely said:

Four Color #280 VG. Here is an inexpensive way to start or add to your Robot cover collection!  This comic from 1950 is complete.  There are some creases, spine stress & general wear... a nice comic book overall.  Pages are supple & nice with no traces of tanning or brittleness. 

$45 with free shipping. All proceeds donated to charity.

Fourcolor280.JPG

Fourcolor280a.JPG

I want to, but just don't have time to look for something right now, so I'm going to purchase this terrific  book for the $45 and redonate it (if that is OK with West?) for $35.00

1 minute ago, skypinkblu said:

I want to, but just don't have time to look for something right now, so I'm going to purchase this terrific  book for the $45 and redonate it (if that is OK with West?) for $35.00

100%

20 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

If I’m reading this correctly, I’d like to “purchase” the book from Sharon for $45 and donate the book back to the thread.

36 minutes ago, DocHoppus182 said:

If I’m reading this correctly, I’d like to “purchase” the book from Sharon for $45 and donate the book back to the thread.

Great idea:) My price was $35, but I'm flexible;)  thank you Ethan! 

Just state your price when you redonate it;) kind of like regifting but better;)