• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Taking to long

85 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, ShiningCollectibles said:

Na, I'd rather let the scalpers hear me complain :P Once enough (Real Collectors) The ones that value their cards complain about it things will change.

Dude, your the only one on here complaining. I resell cards and have no problem waiting since Im not an angry little kid crying every week about my stuff not coming back asap. Its a hot market and to act oblivious about it is just being extremely stupid. Everyones cards will come back at some point. People like yourself seriously need to learn the concept of patience. 

Edited by mattyzeepgam

1 minute ago, ShiningCollectibles said:

Cause I care about my cards... I don't want someone holding onto them for 3 months though +  with no updates. Makes me think their lost. When I am expecting a month or less.

If you only care about the cards, why are you risking their safety? You already had them in your possession. You relinquished them without certainty. Sounds like you don't just care about your cards.

Just now, mattyzeepgam said:

Dude, your the only one on here complaining. I resell cards and have no problem waiting since Im not an angry little kid crying every week about my stuff not coming back asap. Its a hot market and to act oblivious about it is just being extremely stupid. Everyones cards will come back at some point. Its just a hot market to where everyone and their mom is grading.

Yep, you have no value in the cards. Most people who buy to just sell have little care about the hobby. I can't wait till it crashes to mess over the scalpers so badly. I don't mind losing a few hundred thousand on my collection because I bought them for sentiment. 

7 minutes ago, ShiningCollectibles said:

Na, I'd rather let the scalpers hear me complain :P Once enough (Real Collectors) The ones that value their cards complain about it things will change.

Do you realize how many people have said something to that effect on this message boards over the years? It's not going to change. CGC has no incentive to change because people keep submitting. People bitch and moan all the time about TaT and then turn right around and keep submitting. It's comical 

Just now, ShiningCollectibles said:

Yep, you have no value in the cards. Most people who buy to just sell have little care about the hobby. I can't wait till it crashes to mess over the scalpers so badly. I don't mind losing a few hundred thousand on my collection because I bought them for sentiment. 

You use this word, but it doesn't mean what you think it means.

1 minute ago, Angel of Death said:

If you only care about the cards, why are you risking their safety? You already had them in your possession. You relinquished them without certainty. Sounds like you don't just care about your cards.

I am sorry, if I think it should be illegal to give false (dates and times) if you have a business meeting or have a court meeting. Or anything in (real life) and you are off by months lol!

I am sorry, if I think it should be illegal to give false (dates and times) if you have a business meeting or have a court meeting. Or anything in (real life) and you are off by months lol!

You're admitting that you don't know the definition of "estimate", then? CGC offers no promises when it comes to TATs.

2 minutes ago, ShiningCollectibles said:

And how do you think cards get on the market? There are tons of cards sitting in peoples closets and tons of cards that I get from distribution that I find and put up for sale. I think your very ignorant in that you have no clue how the business works. You really need to chill out and wait and stop making a bunch dumb comparisons. This is not court and this is not a restaurant. This is the card grading industry. Your constant whining and degrading of resellers isnt going to speed up your turnaround times.

1 minute ago, Angel of Death said:

You're admitting that you don't know the definition of "estimate", then? CGC offers no promises when it comes to TATs.

I am saying as of right now it's fine probably legally. But morally it is just going to drive people away. Especially when someone lies to you about it on the phone. Oh, you will see movement this week or next week. Three weeks later goes by and nothing. 

Edited by ShiningCollectibles

Oh, I surely know what scalper means. 

Then you're using it wrong. Scalpers are those who pre-order all of the PS5s and sell them for 3X the price on eBay. Flipping cards by buying them raw, submitting to CGC, and then selling them are not "scalpers".

2 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

Then you're using it wrong. Scalpers are those who pre-order all of the PS5s and sell them for 3X the price on eBay. Flipping cards by buying them raw, submitting to CGC, and then selling them are not "scalpers".

Buying cards out for Raw Price to not even hold the card because of personal attachment just to sell it right away. Sounds like a Scalper especially when you are buying it from many people that don't know the graded price lol! So perfect definition of one. Just abusing the hobby for personal gain/benefit.

I am saying as of right now it's fine probably legally. But morally it is just going to drive people away. Especially when someone lies to you about it on the phone. 

It's not "probably". There is literally nothing illegal about estimating a completion date, and then the estimate changing. It's not going to affect anyone "morally". It's a business, not a church.

Buying cards out for Raw Price to not even hold the card because of personal attachment just to sell it right away. Sounds like a Scalper especially when you are buying it from many people that don't know the graded price lol!

It's called a "flipper", not a "scalper". Scalping is illegal in many places. Flipping is not. It would serve you best to learn what you're talking about before you talk about it. 2c

2 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

It's not "probably". There is literally nothing illegal about estimating a completion date, and then the estimate changing. It's not going to affect anyone "morally". It's a business, not a church.

Estimation is a few days not months. And that is what any legal system would say if it was brought up. You aren't going to estimate a car to work for 60 days and then say it only worked for 30. Most Flippers actually enjoy their cards and hold them for a period of time. Not just to solely flip the card instantly.

2 minutes ago, ShiningCollectibles said:

Buying cards out for Raw Price to not even hold the card because of personal attachment just to sell it right away. Sounds like a Scalper especially when you are buying it from many people that don't know the graded price lol! So perfect definition of one. Just abusing the hobby for personal gain/benefit.

Dude, you need to cut it out with the insults. I can easily call you a "hoarder" since all you do is hang on to stuff and keep it away from the market at having a chance of buying one. If there was nothing but "True collectors" like yourself out there, then nobody could ever have access to anything. No new collectors could ever buy any older cards if there were no resellers.

But im not childish and need to call people names. Clearly you want to live in your own selfish bubble and not understand anything. That is fine but your kind of alone on your opinions outside of other clueless people.

3 minutes ago, ShiningCollectibles said:

Estimation is a few days not months. And that is what any legal system would say if it was brought up. You aren't going to estimate a car to work for 60 days and then say it only worked for 30. 

Nowhere under the definition of "estimation" does it reference the distance of time that it covers. Months are literally made up of days. Legally, you have no clue what the :censored: you're talking about. Keep talking about "legally" and CGC might make your decision for you whether or not you'll submit again.

Edited by Angel of Death

Just now, Angel of Death said:

Nowhere under the definition of "estimation" does it reference the distance of time that it covers. Months are literally made up on days. Legally, you have no clue what the :censored: you're talking about. Keep talking about "legally" and CGC might make your decision for you whether or not you'll submit again.

Sorry, if my sheer examples are something you don't like to hear Mr. 17k posts :o

3 minutes ago, mattyzeepgam said:

Dude, you need to cut it out with the insults. I can easily call you a "hoarder" since all you do is hang on to stuff and keep it away from the market at having a chance of buying one. If there was nothing but "True collectors" like yourself out there, then nobody could ever have access to anything. No new collectors could ever buy any older cards if there were no resellers.

But im not childish and need to call people names. Clearly you want to live in your own selfish bubble and not understand anything. That is fine but your kind of alone on your opinions outside of other clueless people.

Explaining what I dislike about scalpers isn't name calling. And I was agreeing with the first two people who posted on this thread. Because it is 100% True. It is going to drive away future business growth in the Pokemon Sector which is why I think it should be addressed.