• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Taking to long

85 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

Your "examples" are baseless and inaccurate, at best.

In your opinion, when in reality many of the things I stated are factual. Many from personal experiences in many different industries. I also have a MBA in Business Administration with a concentration in Marketing. I have been collecting since about 1999. I just don't like being lied to by the place that has my goods. It just doesn't make me feel right. Sorry, if that is something you enjoy having happen to you @Angel of Death

Edited by ShiningCollectibles

2 minutes ago, ShiningCollectibles said:

In your opinion, when in reality many of the things I stated are factual. Many from personal experiences in many different industries. I also have a MBA in Business Administration with a concentration in Marketing. I have been collecting since about 1999. I just don't like being lied to by the place that has my goods. It just doesn't make me feel good. Sorry, if that is something you enjoy having happen to you @Angel of Death

That's factually incorrect. For example, you misused the term "estimate" and misrepresented "scalpers", among other things.

I am going on record to officially challenge the claim that you have an MBA. That may be the most laughable statement in which you've made.

6 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

That's factually incorrect. For example, you misused the term "estimate" and misrepresented "scalpers", among other things.

I am going on record to officially challenge the claim that you have an MBA. That may be the most laughable statement in which you've made.

I was giving examples... It sounds like you work for the company for someone defending the lies that I was given. Would you like to see it?

17 minutes ago, ShiningCollectibles said:

Explaining what I dislike about scalpers isn't name calling. And I was agreeing with the first two people who posted on this thread. Because it is 100% True. It is going to drive away future business growth in the Pokemon Sector which is why I think it should be addressed. 

There is no such thing as scalpers in the card world. That is exactly why I believe your clueless. I used to work a sales job to where I was just a middle man for computer products, as in I would buy products from major manufactures and resell them for a higher price to another business. If someone called us scalpers, you would look stupid and people would think you have some sort of mental disorder. Its called capitalism to where people buy things for cheap and resell them for more. If you dont like it then you might want to relocate to some communist country.

And nobody is taking your advice. Its cringy and childish at best. But Im just going to end my discussion with you since its like talking to a wall. Just wanted to state for the record that nobody should listen to you since you sound like some middle schooler who is just angry that his pokeman cards are not being graded as perfectly as they wanted. If you ever want to talk with grown ups, Id happy to have a discussion but I just dont talk to little kids or people who act like children since thats kind of weird.

Edited by mattyzeepgam

Okay, Scalpers are no different than Con-artists. I mean we can just call them what they are xD Exactly, what many of them have done to the Pokémon hobby in General and the Grading Community Lately. Where instead of value-ing the cards based on actual sentiment they just buy and sell. Like it is some mass operation.... Destroying the true collectors who actually enjoy the hobby. I sent you a picture of my Degree @Angel of Death Once again this post that I made was based off a Lie I was given by an employee here the other day. And I just dislike being lied too when it is about my possessions that I paid money for. 

1 minute ago, ShiningCollectibles said:

Okay, Scalpers are no different than Con-artists. I mean we can just call them what they are xD Exactly, what many of them have done to the Pokémon hobby in General and the Grading Community Lately. Where instead of value-ing the cards based on actual sentiment they just buy and sell. Like it is some mass operation.... Destroying the true collectors who actually enjoy the hobby. 

And "hoarders", as in people who just "Collect" stuff and will take it to their graves are nuts and are like the guys in the 40 year old virgin....

You see how insulting people is not nice? I didnt want to respond but you just need to stop at this point.

2 minutes ago, mattyzeepgam said:

And "hoarders", as in people who just "Collect" stuff and will take it to their graves are nuts and are like the guys in the 40 year old virgin....

You see how insulting people is not nice? I didnt want to respond but you just need to stop at this point.

I mean taking advantage of people just because they enjoy something is pretty sad. But I mean con-artists love to feed on anything. But I mean I am pretty sure the same people commenting weren't told their cards were gonna move a few weeks ago and then told they won't move for another month. So I totally understand why you aren't upset. 

3 minutes ago, ShiningCollectibles said:

I mean taking advantage of people just because they enjoy something is pretty sad. But I mean con-artists love to feed on anything. 

By that logic then everyone selling stuff in the world is a con-artist. If walmart buys cheap stuff from china and resells it for a profit, then they are all con artist according to your logic. Only people who give stuff away for free are good people.

And hoarders are just the best people. Because they dont make money off kids toys and hang on to stuff forever, they are good people. Do you even read what you type before you post it?

Edited by mattyzeepgam

5 minutes ago, ShiningCollectibles said:

Okay, Scalpers are no different than Con-artists. I mean we can just call them what they are xD Exactly, what many of them have done to the Pokémon hobby in General and the Grading Community Lately. Where instead of value-ing the cards based on actual sentiment they just buy and sell. Like it is some mass operation.... Destroying the true collectors who actually enjoy the hobby. I sent you a picture of my Degree @Angel of Death Once again this post that I made was based off a Lie I was given by an employee here the other day. And I just dislike being lied too when it is about my possessions that I paid money for. 

It's almost like supply & demand...

It's interesting that "your degree" has all of the pertinent information redacted. Almost like you took an image off of LinkedIn and modified it...

1 minute ago, mattyzeepgam said:

By that logic then everyone selling stuff in the world is a con-artist. If walmart buys cheap stuff from china and resells it for a profit, then they are all con artist according to their logic. Only people who give stuff away for free are good people.

No, I am saying that many people know that people in the Pokemon Hobby enjoy the cards. So they are taking advantage of it to force them to pay top dollar for it. It is like what a drug company did and ended up going to jail for. Putting up the price of a prescription drug 800% which is kind of what is going on with the Pokemon Market Lately. 

1 minute ago, Angel of Death said:

It's almost like supply & demand...

It's interesting that "your degree" has all of the pertinent information redacted. Almost like you took an image off of LinkedIn and modified it...

This guy is just nuts lol. Nobody cares that he likes being a corporate slave. Apparently having a desk job to where someone tells you what to do all day long qualifies you to being a "good person", but the minute that you decide to resell kids toys and be your own boss, your not a good person.

Many names I could call this guy, but Im not low class and like living in reality to where I respect that he probably has something going on up there and do not want to aggravate whatever is going on. 

No, it kinda proves the theory that it's not yours. Someone with an MBA wouldn't misunderstand how supply and demand works.

I know how supply and demand works. I don't understand how lies work in a company that is suppose to be genuine to their consumers... You have completely turned this conversation about me being lied too into like 10 other things. It makes me wonder why I said good things about this company for the past few months. 

No, it kinda proves the theory that it's not yours. Someone with an MBA wouldn't misunderstand how supply and demand works.

MBA's are a joke now a days. I have a buddy who got one and he told me that business school is just a way to party with people who had corporate desk jobs. This is not the 80s anymore to where going to business school meant something. Anyone can go on the internet and get an MBA providing they fork over a ton of money, which is easy since you just take out student loans and further put yourself further on the hamster wheel.

I could write a whole book about why everyone this guy says is just completely wrong but its just a waste of time. Waste of energy on someone who just has no regard for anything but themselves.

6 minutes ago, mattyzeepgam said:

MBA's are a joke now a days. I have a buddy who got one and he told me that business school is just a way to party with people who had corporate desk jobs. This is not the 80s anymore to where going to business school meant something. Anyone can go on the internet and get an MBA providing they fork over a ton of money, which is easy since you just take out student loans and further put yourself further on the hamster wheel.

I could write a whole book about why everyone this guy says is just completely wrong but its just a waste of time. Waste of energy on someone who just has no regard for anything but themselves.

I mean I guess you could if you were only in a (Hobby) to make money lol It would feel like a job if that was the case. Customer Service is important to me and when a agent tells me my cards are going to be moving through received in about a week/two and than three weeks go by so I call in. They tell me it isn't going to be till March 20th. That is when I start to voice my opinion. Sorry, if you don't like that. 

6 minutes ago, ShiningCollectibles said:

I mean I guess you could if you were only in a (Hobby) to make money lol It would feel like a job if that was the case. Customer Service is important to me and when a agent tells me my cards are going to be moving through received in about a week/two and than three weeks go by so I call in. They tell me it isn't going to be till March 20th. That is when I start to voice my opinion. Sorry, if you don't like that. 

I think at this point your either a troll or just a narcissist. In your world, only consumers exist. Nobody makes anything, nobody sells anything, nobody outsources salesforces, it just all magically appears. Im sorry that you have the worldview of a child but that just isnt normal man.

16 minutes ago, ShiningCollectibles said:

I know how supply and demand works. I don't understand how lies work in a company that is suppose to be genuine to their consumers... You have completely turned this conversation about me being lied too into like 10 other things. It makes me wonder why I said good things about this company for the past few months. 

Apparently, you don't. Nobody lied to you. Research the definition of "estimate". No, I haven't, because factually you have not been "lied to".