• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Hot Takes here!
1 1

17 posts in this topic

Oooh steamy! :devil: 

Post a sizzling take related to comics or comic collecting here.

To start us off, here's something:

Tim Seeley is the best writer working in comics today.

Tim is a pretty good artist too, but his writing is leagues better and extremely underrated. I truly believe he could write the next classic if he was ever given the reigns to a big two event. However, i'd rather read him write his own characters anyway. 

Not convinced Seeley is objectively the best, as I like a very wide range of comics and subject matter to choose from, necessitating me to cast wider with less focus and to respect more than just the one A-list writer.

Nonetheless, he is extremely talented; Hack / Slash, Revival, Grayson / Batman / Nightwing, all great stuff.

Edited by Ken Aldred

I dont believe that we can determine just one great writter.besides reading diverse new and old stuf is the best way to find new gems,theres a lot of talent out there hard to say wich is best i think its impossible but hey seeley books are good read. 

3 hours ago, Namtak said:

I dont believe that we can determine just one great writter.besides reading diverse new and old stuf is the best way to find new gems,theres a lot of talent out there hard to say wich is best i think its impossible but hey seeley books are good read. 

Oh totally hard to determine, that's why it is a hot take!

Superman is way too powerful. 

Seriously, how could he ever struggle with anyone? Yeah yeah kryptonite sure. But that feels forced and how often would that really come into play. It's not like it's just laying around.

He basically has every power including invincibility.  If superman existed in the real world no other super hero would ever be needed. I'm not a DC guy so I've never read a superman comic entirely, but I cant imagine how they came up with enough material to keep writing monthly issues for over 80 years for this guy. 

6 hours ago, serling1978 said:

Seriously, how could he ever struggle with anyone? Yeah yeah kryptonite sure. But that feels forced and how often would that really come into play. It's not like it's just laying around.

Unlikely you'd even have a few small pieces; remnants of a shattered planet light years distant, ending up making it all the way to Earth?

8 hours ago, serling1978 said:

Superman is way too powerful. 

He basically has every power including invincibility.  If superman existed in the real world no other super hero would ever be needed. I'm not a DC guy so I've never read a superman comic entirely, but I cant imagine how they came up with enough material to keep writing monthly issues for over 80 years for this guy. 

Superman isn't interesting because of his power set. He's interesting because of his human psyche and his morals.

28 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

Superman isn't interesting because of his power set. He's interesting because of his human psyche and his morals.

Yup.  The moral compass given to him by his upbringing with the Kents.