• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How many books in a long box?

9 posts in this topic

So is there a general consensus on the right number of books for a long box? Enough that they hold each other up well, keep everything sort of pressed together, but not too many to where they crinkle or bend one another?

When I was ya kid I packed them in, I didn't know any better. A LOT of my older books are in bags that are crinkled and wavy, etc...  I haven't taken them out one by one to see what shape they're in yet, though that is coming soon, so I just wonder, when someone says they have a long box. How many books are we usually talking about?

I personally load about 200 boarded & bagged, give or take 10 books.  I like to have some room in case I need to rummage around for something, and I don't run the risk of bending a book if the box is too tightly loaded. (thumbsu