• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Found this Variant today in a box, what do you think?

21 posts in this topic

Top of the BC is a little distressing but it's a cool book grade aside. FN/VF to VF-.

I was thinking 9.4 from the front cover...[/quote

Really? What about the spine and the scuff mark on the front?

Where's the scuff? Lower left hand corner? I've seen 9.4s with equal amounts of spine wear (there isn't much...).

I assumed that thing on the lower left hand corner was a part of the art...maybe I'm wrong.

Still, it looks like an 8.0

I don't see any scuffing but on the other hand i wasn't expecting a 9.4 either. Was just really cool that i had an old variant and forgot about it. thanks for the opinions

I don't see any scuffing but on the other hand i wasn't expecting a 9.4 either. Was just really cool that i had an old variant and forgot about it. thanks for the opinions

The "scuffing" Tom is referring to is the very light pencil-thin rubbing at the ULFC, parallel to the spine. The spine problems are the tiny spine stresses, one in the middle of the UPC block, and the others just above the botttom staple.

yeahok.gif

The "scuffing" Tom is referring to is the very light pencil-thin rubbing at the ULFC, parallel to the spine. The spine problems are the tiny spine stresses, one in the middle of the UPC block, and the others just above the botttom staple.

yeahok.gif

Exactly. The rubbing/scuffing usually is worse than it appears in a scan.

Is that a variant?

i just wanted to quote this so that we could make fun of you if you decided to edit it later.

noob.

poke2.gif

shy.gif

When i saw the title, i though it said Valiant

flamed.gif

tonofbricks.gif

Exactly what? I happen to have the book in front of me and am looking at the book not the scan.

makepoint.gif

Exactly as in what I quoted from divadrabnud interepreted from my post about the scuffing.

I guess to clarify it for you, I should have posted "exactly and rubbing/scuffing is usually worse than it appears in a scan.

Book is a vf-. Around a 7.5.

8.5. Not sure what people are seeing to put this at a 7.0 or a 7.5. Five or six stress lines doesn't make a book a VF-. confused-smiley-013.gif Sometimes I think Divad is right about certain board member's tendencies to undergrade books for no apparent reason. I wonder if they turn the same harsh critical eye to their own books when THEY are the ones selling. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif