• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is GPA and GoCollect accurate pricing tools for Grails
1 1

24 posts in this topic

Just did some comparison with Go Collect and GPA.  I've noticed a lack of recorded sales with Go Collect, to the extent that the site is unreliable for current volatile market values. Searching completed Ebay sales would be more beneficial for Bronze to Modern books if you are not a current subscriber to GPA. 

This is a comparison of recorded sales since January 1st 2021 comparing GPA against Go Collect.

Star Wars 1 9.8    9 sales GPA, 3 sales Go Collect

Star Wars 1 9.6   44 sales GPA, 3 sales Go Collect

Star Wars 1 9.4   32 sales GPA, 3 sales Go Collect

Total 85 for GPA vs. 9  Go Collect

Star Wars 43 9.8 10 sales GPA, 1 sale Go Collect

Star Wars 43 9.6 10 sales GPA, 0 sales Go Collect

Star Wars 43 9.4  2 sales GPA, 0 sales Go Collect

Total 22 for GPA vs. 1 Go Collect

Batman Beyond #37 9.8  9 sales GPA, 0 sales Go Collect

Batman Beyond #37 9.6  1 sale GPA, 0 sales Go Collect

Total 10 for GPA vs. 0 for Go Collect

I have not been notified from Go Collect as a paying member with any press release that they are having trouble with recording sales.   I will continue to subscribe to both sites, although I rely on GPA for more in depth accurate recording of sales. 

Edited by Topnotchman
spelling

1 minute ago, Topnotchman said:

Just did some comparison with Go Collect and GPA.  I've noticed a lack of recorded sales with Go Collect, to the extent that the site is unreliable for current volatile market values. Searching completed Ebay sales would be more beneficial for Bronze to Modern books if you are not a current subscriber to GPA. 

This is a comparison of recorded sales since January 1st 2021 comparing GPA against Go Collect.

Star Wars 1 9.8    9 sales GPA, 3 sales Go Collect

Star Wars 1 9.6   44 sales GPA, 3 sales Go Collect

Star Wars 1 9.4   32 sales GPA, 3 sales Go Collect

Total 85 for GPA vs. 9  Go Collect

Star Wars 43 9.8 10 sales GPA, 1 sale Go Collect

Star Wars 43 9.6 10 sales GPA, 0 sales Go Collect

Star Wars 43 9.4  2 sales GPA, 0 sales Go Collect

Total 22 for GPA vs. 1 Go Collect

Batman Beyond 9.8  9 sales GPA, 0 sales Go Collect

Batman Beyond 9.6  1 sale GPA, 0 sales Go Collect

Total 10 for GPA vs. 0 for Go Collect

I have not been notified from Go Collect as a paying member with any press release that they are having trouble with recording sales.   I will continue to subscribe to both sites, although I rely on GPA for more in depth accurate recording of sales. 

Sounds like they are taking a shift off

On 2/19/2021 at 3:17 PM, comicginger1789 said:

Right? How do those sales factor in because there is a growing marketplace there it seems and unless someone working for any of the tracking sites is trying to keep track of those sales too, they would go missed from the data

Unfortunately we can't use IG data as they don't comply with our transparency clause. Until Instagram creates a method of compliance at least.

2 hours ago, Cassaundra said:

Unfortunately we can't use IG data as they don't comply with our transparency clause. Until Instagram creates a method of compliance at least.

personally, i am not asking for instagram sales on gocollect, just that you stay reasonably up to date. on 12/3/2020 comiclink sold a silver surfer 3 9.4 for $4,100. a whopping incease in fmv at the time. you still have not posted that sale. only in february did you finally note the increase in value of SS3 thanks to a heritage and ebay sale. 

there are literally dozens of other results like this that have been missing. this is what drives subscribers batty and makes them consider the other guys.