• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Saga of the Ditko Spidey Poster

44 posts in this topic

On 2/20/2021 at 12:29 PM, Robot Man said:

I had the huge Vampirella poster on my wall. Got torn down and thrown away with my Filmore rock posters when I moved out. 

Same with my Farrah Fawcett shrine.

I don't think it would make financial sense in the case of @Unca Ben's poster on the first page of this thread, but just as a point of interest, it would theoretically be possible to have a poster like this restored -- even one that is this heavily damaged, seemingly beyond repair.

Over the winter I looked into getting a signed Keith Haring poster of mine restored that is faded but has great sentimental value for me. I always thought professional poster restorers just worked on those colossal advertising posters from the early 20th century that look like oil paintings, but I reached out to three different pro restorers and all of them had surprising familiarity and experience with 1980s posters, even down to knowledge of the specific materials Keith and his publishers used in the 80s. 

I'm waiting on my own poster to be restored... though (stop me if this sounds at all familiar) the restorer I chose is absolutely swamped with work, and his initial estimate of a 3-month turnaround has already gone out the window.