• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grade my Amazing Spidey #9 PLEASE!!!

28 posts in this topic

I know the scans are small, but that's the best I can do with Photobucket. I'm planning on selling this book at the store priced as 4.0. Most customoers would call this a 4.5 most likely. I'd say a 3.5 personally. What do you think?

Can someone also tell me the 2005 OS VG price for this book, please? Thanks! yay.gif

AmazingSpidey9Fr.jpg

AmazingSpidey9Bk.jpg

Yeah, I agree that 4.0 seems a little generous. There is just such an accumulation of severe defects (tears, chipping, cover length color breaking creases, the back cover looks like it took a bath, and what looks like a tape tear around the spine). I have a tough time in the lower grades though so I could be wrong.

The back cover looks like a good pressing candidate!!! tongue.gif

Considering all the defects, it still looks pretty solid.

With that chunk missing out of the spine and the long diagonal crease, I don't

think I could go above 3.0... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

those 2 defects, plus the booklength color-breaking subscription-type crease and the really beat back cover would suggest that this is more like a 2.5 - 3.0 IMO.......neverteheless, good luck........ 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

The grade is handwritten at the top of the BC:

2.0 sumo.gif

Let your conscience be your guide . . . 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

So I guess since they go two decimal places over they must use the super system. Just think being able to have a book grade 9.99. popcorn.gif How about a 0.01? Would that just be some paper that at one time was in the same building as the one where the comics were manufactured? Hmmmm... juggle.gif

those 2 defects, plus the booklength color-breaking subscription-type crease and the really beat back cover would suggest that this is more like a 2.5 - 3.0 IMO.......neverteheless, good luck........ 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Luckily only hard core collectors like ourselves care about the entire books. Most customers we get will buy a book for the front cover essentially. 27_laughing.gif

2.0 sumo.gif

So I guess since they go two decimal places over they must use the super system. Just think being able to have a book grade 9.99. popcorn.gif How about a 0.01? Would that just be some paper that at one time was in the same building as the one where the comics were manufactured? Hmmmm... juggle.gif

Now where was that humor when you and I had our own little flame war? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Luckily only hard core collectors like ourselves care about the entire books. Most customers we get will buy a book for the front cover essentially. 27_laughing.gif

btw, it's not about selling to "most customers" poke2.gif

devil.gif

btw, it's not about selling to "most customers" poke2.gif

devil.gif

Sure it is; they gots da money. cloud9.gif

2.0 sumo.gif

Now where was that humor when you and I had our own little flame war? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

It comes and goes insane.gif. Depending on the subject I suppose. To be honest I try and avoid them but they seem to follow me whereever I go. ...I managed to get a thread locked on CPG yesterday. 27_laughing.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

2.0 sumo.gif

It comes and goes insane.gif. Depending on the subject I suppose. To be honest I try and avoid them but they seem to follow me whereever I go. ...I managed to get a thread locked on CPG yesterday. 27_laughing.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Time to get back on the meds . . . 27_laughing.gif