• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where’s the reviews of True Beliver?

3 posts in this topic

I hadn't heard about the new bio about Stan, so did a quick bit of research - seems it's the inevitable hatchet job version of biography after someone noteworthy dies. Like you I'm curious to see what collectors who read the book think of it.  Guess I'm getting old and jaded, rather spend my money on comics than this book, and read comics than read this book.  E.g. it was mildly interesting to learn about the predators who exploited Stan for their own benefit during his final years, but mostly the comic world for me is escape so I try to avoid delving too deeply into the carpier side of things.

Plus I couldn't get past the intro paragraph about the book - 'written by journalist' and then came the word 'credible.' Got a good laugh out of that.

Glad to see you around!

Edited by grebal

38 minutes ago, grebal said:

Not just any JIM comic but the first Thor, dude. ; ) Valiantman is really valiant there - lots of naysayers but he makes a surprisingly good case (though it is what it is, right?).

I hadn't heard about the new bio about Stan, so did a quick bit of research - seems it's the inevitable hatchet job version of biography after someone noteworthy dies. Like you I'm curious to see what collectors who read the book think of it.  Guess I'm getting old and jaded, rather spend my money on comics than this book, and read comics than read this book.  E.g. it was mildly interesting to learn about the predators who exploited Stan for their own benefit during his final years, but mostly the comic world for me is escape so I try to avoid delving too deeply into the carpier side of things.

Plus I couldn't get past the intro paragraph about the book - 'written by journalist' and then came the word 'credible.' Got a good laugh out of that.

Glad to see you around!

Hey Pal!

the film biz is keeping me busy. Lots and lots of productions going  it’s kinda unreal  

I’ve got some debts to pay then I’ll have comic money to spend. I tend not to hang out and window shop unless I got cash to spend. 

I don’t mind reading a hatchet piece! 

hope you’re ok  not sure when I’ll be in Texas  mom is 94 now and still kicking

Send me a pm about how your nephew is doing