• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

** SEARCHING 4 SPORTS ILLUSTRATED SUBSCRIPTION STICKER REMOVAL TECHNIQUES **

7 posts in this topic

Hello there! Im new to the magazine game! I can't seem to find a definitive answer on Yes, or No. Remove label? Or a great and proven technique? Also..When looking at cgc census reports.  Is it safe to assume that many graded as a Newstand, potentially may have been subscription? With sticker removed very well? Thanks!

On 3/2/2021 at 10:07 PM, Tcox86 said:

Hello there! Im new to the magazine game! I can't seem to find a definitive answer on Yes, or No. Remove label? Or a great and proven technique? Also..When looking at cgc census reports.  Is it safe to assume that many graded as a Newstand, potentially may have been subscription? With sticker removed very well? Thanks!

My personal experience is that CGC will always be able to tell if the label has been removed.  I've sent in issues of Sports Illustrated to be graded that I had assumed were newsstand, that I had looked over extremely closely for signs of a label and came back labeled subscription.  Believe me, they know what to look for and their reputation is on the line with getting it right.  

You can try using a hair dryer to heat up the label and scrap off carefully or try using "Undu" Remover which evaporates after application.  Can be found at most stores or Amazon. I believe CGC does not ding you for subscription stickers on your Sports Illustrated magazines, but your CGC label will show "Subscription Edition."

On 3/16/2021 at 10:53 AM, Carnage1992 said:

You can try using a hair dryer to heat up the label and scrap off carefully or try using "Undu" Remover which evaporates after application.  Can be found at most stores or Amazon. I believe CGC does not ding you for subscription stickers on your Sports Illustrated magazines, but your CGC label will show "Subscription Edition."

Correct, subscription editions are listed separately in the CGC census.